cavscout73

manufacturers with military discounts

I got bored and have been looking at new gear so I did some legwork and figured I would pass it on to the rest of the military men and women out there.
Im sure this isnt everything out there but covers quite a bit and most not listed didnt provide a discount

Wings

813-780-7369 www.skydivewings.com

Mirage

386-740-9222 www.miragesys.com

Vector/ UPT

386-736-7589 www.relativeworshops.com

Altico / Dolphin

352-523-0052 www.altico.com

Icon / Aerodyne
Contact distributors discounts vary

P D
discount varies and only on select canopies
386-738-2224 www.performancedesigns.com

Jump Shack
Phone (386) 734-5867 http://www.jumpshack.com

Javelin

*through distributors only*
910-875-9002 www.sunpath.com

Rigging Innovations

520-466-2655 www.rigginginnovations.com

hope this helps any of our military men and women!!

I got bored and have been looking at new gear so I did some legwork and figured I would pass it on to the rest of the military men and women out there.
Im sure this isnt everything out there but covers quite a bit and most not listed didnt provide a discount

JUST FYI: Most of those manufacturers don't advertise the discount amounts, and don't want them advertised. If you're military, call them, they don't want everyone and their mother knowing what kind of discount they give us.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

JUST FYI: Most of those manufacturers don't advertise the discount amounts, and don't want them advertised. If you're military, call them, they don't want everyone and their mother knowing what kind of discount they give us.

why not? it's no big secret. and its a great incentive to serve your country

why not? it's no big secret. and its a great incentive to serve your country

I don't serve for the discounts, and I don't know anyone who does.

The discounts aren't advertised because they don't want every guy looking for gear to say "Well, you obviously have your prices marked up if you can give the military xx% discount, so give it to me cheaper."

Do you see these guys saying how much they sell gear to dealers? Im willing to bet the guys at Paragear, Chutingstar and the likes aren't really suppossed to go off saying they get such and such discount on gear.

This is from an email I got from one of the listed manufacturers:

Please see the attached price list. Feel free to share this information with your other active duty jumpers, but please keep it out of public forums like Dropzone.com. We do not like to advertise these discounts.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

yep but it's still no secret there are millitary discounts. You are also required to show proof of service. Military service= dicount. They wouldn't do it if they didn't want you to have it:)
I also never said the reason people join up is to get a cut on a kit. I think it's great manufacturers get behind and support troops.

yep but it's still no secret there are millitary discounts. You are also required to show proof of service. Military service= dicount. They wouldn't do it if they didn't want you to have it:)
I also never said the reason people join up is to get a cut on a kit. I think it's great manufacturers get behind and support troops.

just to keep everything good with things on here and if there are manufaturers that dont want it out I put the post up for a mod to edit it for me and also to support to do the same .. not trying to cause any issues and I know its not a secret but the part on the amount of discount I can see .. so as soon as someone edits the OP then its all good and people will still know who they can go to and for that matter which companies support or troops!!

ust to keep everything good with things on here and if there are manufaturers that dont want it out I put the post up for a mod to edit it for me and also to support to do the same .. not trying to cause any issues and I know its not a secret but the part on the amount of discount I can see .. so as soon as someone edits the OP then its all good and people will still know who they can go to and for that matter which companies support or troops!!

I wouldn't worry about it. If you do a search you will see that the percentages have been posted before and you can see all the other manufacturers. From my experience with gear, the military discounts are pretty similar to dealer rates. There are some companies that don't have anything in stone but if you mention that you are in the military they discount it a bit.

As for the poster above talking about not advertising the discounts, I don't think it is that big of a deal and it has been posted before. Most manufacturers if you ask them they usually tell you without proof of military service. The only time they seem to want proof is when you are buying.

I don't serve for the discounts, and I don't know anyone who does.

You know me and I only serve for the discounts..... well for that and the cheep booze and free antibiotics.

I joined the army for the uniforms... I figured it would help me get laid.

Still no progress...[:/]

Thanks a LOT for posting that. I guess prices vary already anyway but it's just important to ask about a discount at the time, when you call or whatever.

I'm glad to serve my country and I don't make a lot so every little discount or saving helps.

UPT's website is as follows

http://unitedparachutetechnologies.com/ 386-736-7589

Not http://www.relativeworshops.com

The following quote is my quote, and it is because our dealers know we give Military discounts, but they do not like people rubbing it in their noses.

Please see the attached price list. Feel free to share this information with your other active duty jumpers, but please keep it out of public forums like Dropzone.com. We do not like to advertise these discounts.

UPT's website is as follows

http://unitedparachutetechnologies.com/ 386-736-7589

Not http://www.relativeworshops.com

The following quote is my quote, and it is because our dealers know we give Military discounts, but they do not like people rubbing it in their noses.

thanks for catching the error on the website...

Anyone know if these discounts tend to exclude veterans (no longer on active duty)?

Call them and ask, I can see why they both would, and wouldn't... just depends on the company.

"I joined the army for the uniforms... I figured it would help me get laid." you too huh.....:|

Yup, and there I was a year later getting fielded these ACU's... They made me stop wearing BDU/DCUs>:(