BoatguyNate

Helmet question

Looking into getting a helmet. I am new to the sport with about 25 jumps. I wear glasses and have trouble with OTG Goggles, although Lyle Flex fit do pretty good. I am considering a Full Face Helmet. Do I need any set number of Jumps before I can use one? Any good reccomendations for one either I am looking to spend $300- $375 Thanks!

I do not know anything about USPA regulations concerning full face helmets, but from my point of view there is no sense in putting a jump number limit for the use of full face helmets.

I recommend the Cookie G2, because of the super-secure locking mechanism, the large visor and the possibility to wear glasses comfortably. It is a expensive helmet but it is worth the money.

There is a new Cookie that will be available inside of 2 months (from what I'm told)....not sure if it G or Gas...someone will pop up with the answer or ask around....it's pretty popular for not being available yet.

I also don't know of any regs regarding helmets, talk to your instructors. I know some don't like goggles that have tint, etc. on students.

I also wear glasses and after a number of jumps were the goggles had come off I had had enough. I bought the Z1. In your price range you will have LOTS of options. I would suggest something that flips up....that's my personal preference.

Later you might want to consider some prescription sunglasses/goggles or laser eye surgery.

If you are anything like me you will really like having a full face.

Have fun. Be safe.

IMO...As long as you are off "radio" you can wear a full face helmet. No I don't believe there is any USPA regulations. At my DZ, students still on radio landings must wear an open eared helmet so they can hear direction commands from the instructor on the ground.

I started wearing my hard helmet after 10 jumps (off radio).

I recently upgraded from a Bonehead Mind Warp (open face) to a Bonehead Revolve (full face). I love it! Fits like a glove.

I wear contacts and need eye protection as well.

~Mikey C.
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

I recommend the Cookie G2, because of the super-secure locking mechanism, the large visor and the possibility to wear glasses comfortably. It is a expensive helmet but it is worth the money.

+1
Unless you wear large, ggogle-eyed glasses like Elton John's old style, your glasses will fit inside very nicely.
Great helmet all around.

Jump number limitations?
Hmmmmm...none officially after AFF but your DZ may have local rules on that. Best to check with them.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I jump the G2, and I'm a big fan. Excellent visibility, a sturdy locking mechanism which is easy enough to open, and the fact that others can read my lips with it on are a few great reasons I love it. :)

I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

When I first started jumping I wore glasses. I had prescription goggles and I also had a Oxygen A-1.

Both were fine options. The A-1 fit over my glasses easily.

10 yrs ago I had lasic surgery and now I wear sunglasses under my A-1.

Try on several helmets before dropping a bundle one one. Demo one if you can.

Have fun.

Ryder.
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5