hoym

What do skydivers in Iowa do during the off season...

Answer: Climb Ice.

Don Briggs who jumps at Paradise skydives in Vinton, Iowa has put together one of the best ice climbing facilities in the midwest. A competition was hosted last Saturday sponsored by Red Bull. It was a lot of fun.

The tallest of the four silo's is 75 feet tall.

Here are a couple of over 200 pictures that I took there this last Saturday. Between Doc John and I, we also took four and a half hours of video that we're going to compile into a documentary of the event.

(Still waiting for summer though),
-mike.

Oh, that's soooo cool! B| I met someone from Victoria, B.C. at the Eloy boogie and he told me he was into this. These are the first pictures I've seen. Thanks for posting them!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi Mike - I didn't know Briggsy was into ice climbing. I'd come down for that.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

They're talking about making the old elevator in town into an indoor rock climing place. It's about all it's good for so I thik it's a great idea.
I'd like to try the ice climing though, that looks like fun.
Ultill I started jumping I wouldn't have thought about this because I was not good with heights, thats all changed now.