Dougjumper

The Beer Light Incentive..For U or Me..

For Starters
I have been in the Sport quite a while now and
would like to know why in our Sport that is
most DZ's including World Freefall Convention
that Beer has been used as an Incentive or more
remotely reward kinda thing in our Sport..

Why is it when nothings going on Bad Jump Day or
someone's 1st on anything they go BEER!!!

I know most people like to have a few nothing matter with that. But sometimes you have irresponsible people
Skydiving and creating Hazards...

Wouldnt you Think that we ought to offer something else as an Incentive to Newcomers and in our Sport
of Skydiving...
Any Ideas..Thanks..
By the way I lm not knocking Beer I just think the Term maybe misused here... Lets Try and Remember Sangiro rules here..Thanks.

What's your suggestion, you brought it up?

The Beer rules are not set in stone, I did rootbeer/cola icecream floats for my first jump back after my first skydiving injury. They were a hit and folks said what a nice change it was. Its actually jumpers choice except when its a cutaway then you owe the rigger either a Bottle or Dinner, their choice.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I dont drink it and I dont buy it.

If yelling beer makes people happy, more power to em, but they aint gettin any from me B|

You thought it was the change of avatar but no, now I don't like you;) how bout vodka?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Actually it has mellowed out over the years. When I started the beer was a mandatory thing, but, for your firsts you had to do something called a "Tarantula Fizz". Now this baby was a concoction consisting of 1/3 white tequella, 1/3 extra sharp ginger brandy, 1/3 Tabasco. It would definitely light you up. There was also a traditional story about how you were drinking this because the previous first drink the "Blue Blazer" had become to dangerous. And if you were not careful after the story and the shot you would probably earn yourself another one.

Get the point, we do learn over time. Maybe not fast but we do.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Wouldnt you Think that we ought to offer something else as an Incentive to Newcomers and in our Sport
of Skydiving...

CRACK! ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

What's your suggestion, you brought it up?

The Beer rules are not set in stone, I did rootbeer/cola icecream floats for my first jump back after my first skydiving injury. They were a hit and folks said what a nice change it was. Its actually jumpers choice except when its a cutaway then you owe the rigger either a Bottle or Dinner, their choice.

And what would the rigger that packed your main owe you (assuming of course you didn't pack yourself)? :)