PhillyKev

Speaking of 2nd Amendment rights...I jost lost mine!!!

Nah...I'll leave the lying up to her. Meeting with my atty tomorrow to discuss

pa 18 s 4904 - Unsworn falsification to authorities
misdemeanor 2

pa 18 s 4906 - False reports to law enforcement authorities
misdemeanor 2

And my personal favorite...

pa 19 s 4911 Tampering with public records including making false entry in said records.
- When done for the purpose of causing harm to another......Felony 3

Well, good luck, since most of us here, based on the evidence think that you are not going to have any problems, just another advice, don't look at hear in court, stare at the judge, and address him with you eyes, try to be calm and let any comments, presentations of facts by anyone, slide without reflecting any emotion, particulary angry. JUst imagine there is only the judge, your lawyer and you in that room.....

My 2 cts.....That will help if you ignore her, and refer to her as "the plaintiff, your honor"..........have your attorney coach you a little, on how to act.

Bottom line, is that you should point to the judge how harmful her actions against you have created turmoil in you life.

Blue skies
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Sounds like you're gonna knock this one out of the park. I know you'll keep your shit together.

Remember, revenge is a dish best served cold.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

>Dude, thats like them saying "turn over all your cars and any other
>vehicles you drive so you wont run over somebody"

Uh, they do that all the time. If you get pulled over for drunk driving they take your car. Once they determine you weren't drunk you get it back. If you have a gun and they suspect you shot someone, they take it away until you prove you didn't (or, to be more accurate, until the state can't prove you _did._)

>2. Take your firearms to another state and lock them up in storage.

The best way to resolve something like this is, in general, to show that you're the one cooperating and the other person is a lying psycho. No reason to give her ammunition by letting her say things like "he's got a whole arsenal that he's hiding from the cops so he can kill me!" It Kev turns in his gun, and she tries something like that, it will be just another nail in her coffin.

Well, good luck, since most of us here, based on the evidence think that you are not going to have any problems, just another advice, don't look at hear in court, stare at the judge, and address him with you eyes, try to be calm and let any comments, presentations of facts by anyone, slide without reflecting any emotion, particulary angry. JUst imagine there is only the judge, your lawyer and you in that room.....

My 2 cts.....That will help if you ignore her, and refer to her as "the plaintiff, your honor"..........have your attorney coach you a little, on how to act.

Bottom line, is that you should point to the judge how harmful her actions against you have created turmoil in you life.

Blue skies

The best advise that my lawyer ever gave me was to fight your own case, not theirs.

never pull low......unless you are

As far as I'm concerned, she doesn't exist. I'm going there to defend myself against accusations by the state. She tends to escalate her anger when she's ignored...hence the predicament I'm in now. I'm hopeful that will show. There's probably about a 20% chance she won't even show up for the hearing. Either because she has a change of heart, or the fact that it's 9am and I've never seen her wake up that early. And she's really really bitchy in the mornings.

Kevin,

This is not a gun issue where I'm going to disagree with you, because it isn't really a gun issue at all. It is a "psycho ex" issue. It looks like you are taking the right steps. Sucks that it happened, but I think it will turn out well for you in the end.

Nah...I'll leave the lying up to her. Meeting with my atty tomorrow to discuss

pa 18 s 4904 - Unsworn falsification to authorities
misdemeanor 2

pa 18 s 4906 - False reports to law enforcement authorities
misdemeanor 2

And my personal favorite...

pa 19 s 4911 Tampering with public records including making false entry in said records.
- When done for the purpose of causing harm to another......Felony 3

Duuuude! Last one - if there is more than one count -

. . . And here's the pitch, a swing and a miss - STRIKE THREE! Life without possibility - Does your state have that?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Wouldn't that be nice, three strikes and she's out of circulation. Of course then we have to pay her grocery and cable bill for life, but at least she won't be fucking with anyone else's.

What say you Kev, would it be worth it?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Wouldn't that be nice, three strikes and she's out of circulation. Of course then we have to pay her grocery and cable bill for life, but at least she won't be fucking with anyone else's.

Don't they have mandatory internet access and e-mail as well as one of the benifit packages?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Don't they have mandatory internet access and e-mail as well as one of the benifit packages?

Benefit packages??:ph34r::ph34r::D:D Now thats funny.:ph34r::D

Nah, the mighty mouse is right. Once Kev presses charges, the ball is in the prosecutor's court, and of they can they avoid trial at all costs, meaning on more misdemeanor on a [probably] long list.
witty subliminal message
1*

Why not "Deter" her from further bullshit?

Because there's no evidence it would work, and it serves no purpose except to stir up more hatred.

With the caveat that we've only heard one side of the story, it sounds to me like this woman needs a psychiatrist, not a felony conviction.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

With the caveat that we've only heard one side of the story, it sounds to me like this woman needs a psychiatrist, not a felony conviction.

Until she takes her allegations on her own and goes after him with a car or a gun that she has appropriated herself. . .I agree on the psyche - but it should only be an evaluation to see if she should be put in the "Big House" or the "Home for the Criminally Insane"

This is not a gun issue where I'm going to disagree with you, because it isn't really a gun issue at all. It is a "psycho ex" issue.

It is a gun issue. The law says that any time one spouse/partner files a restraining order against another (which is routine in many divorce cases), then that other partner has any guns they own confiscated. Many spouses use this option just to "get even" or to gain leverage in divorce cases.

This law violates due process against someone who hasn't even shown any violence. When guns get confiscated, it becomes a "gun issue".

If you think that this is wrong, then you should just come right out and say so.

Knowing how much you hate guns, I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit this.

This is not a gun issue where I'm going to disagree with you, because it isn't really a gun issue at all. It is a "psycho ex" issue.

it is a gun issue. The law says that any time one spouse/partner files a restraining order against another (which is routine in many divorce cases), then that other partner has any guns they own confiscated. Many spouses use this option just to "get even" or to gain leverage in divorce cases.

This law violates due process against someone who hasn't even shown any violence. When guns get confiscated, it becomes a "gun issue".

If you think that this is wrong, then you should just come right out and say so.

Knowing how much you hate guns, I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit this.

If "Many spouses use this option just to 'get even' or to gain leverage in divorce cases" then it must have been through countless court tests on its Constitutionality. Has any court thrown out such a provision?

I'd recommend taking the high road. Do what you need to do to defend yourself, but don't stoop to her level. She's vindictive, but there's no need for you to be vindictive.

Agree with you there. I have some pretty solid and high up connections in this city. In fact I just had lunch with said connection. The offer was made that if I wanted, I could make a phone call and get her fired, evicted, and arrested in a matter of a couple of hours. But that would entail me stooping to her level, and I'm not going to do that.

It is a violation of due process issue, IMO. I now have a public record against me, and my 2nd amendment rights have been abridged, because of the hearsay of a convicted felon.

Whatever, we'll see tomorrow if she even bothers showing up.

If "Many spouses use this option just to 'get even' or to gain leverage in divorce cases" then it must have been through countless court tests on its Constitutionality. Has any court thrown out such a provision?

ahem, dredd scott, cough, cough.

Right, lots of appeals, because people going through divorces have tons of extra money laying around for more legal fees. Besides, due process for confiscation and its constitutionality get rehashed every day in courtrooms. Somehow, though, confiscation prior to conviction has become legal doctrine.
witty subliminal message
1*

ahem, dredd scott, cough, cough.

Right, lots of appeals, because people going through divorces have tons of extra money laying around for more legal fees. Besides, due process for confiscation and its constitutionality get rehashed every day in courtrooms. Somehow, though, confiscation prior to conviction has become legal doctrine.

It's legislated in some instances - drug cases come to mind. People have lost boats and planes without ever having been found guilty of anything, and the Supremes OK'd it IIRC.

we'll dial up osama, we've hijacked it

Anyway, yes, I think a case or two based on confiscation due to RICO type laws made it to the supreme court and in a few 5-4s and 6-3s they said it was ok.

But now, based on that ok, they can take your house if a renter is found smoking up and sells a spliff to his friend in the basement. Or they can take your car if they think drugs were ever moved in it. But somehow it seems these laws hit regular folks up a lot more than in the slums and gutters. Guess they don't want to bother digging through the filth, but if they can threaten someone into making them comply and screw them if they don't, well that's just exercising police powers. Yeah, that makes tons of sense.
witty subliminal message
1*