fluidynamic

AAD Military Discount

Does anyone know if any of the AAD manufacturers/dealers offer a military discount?

Give Candice a call at Vigil or Nancy at Jump shack, I forget what the % off is.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Does anyone know if any of the AAD manufacturers/dealers offer a military discount?

Thanks for your service! I would stay away from the vigil though, it has been riddled with problems
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

:-D

Cypress had a shitload of it's own problems when it first came out too. The recent open door pressure thing is a little unnerving, but it has only happened a couple times out of many many units in use today. Bottom line, they are basically just as safe, and for me, the cost reduction and life extension was well worth a couple kinks.

I could be more considered as a Vigil basher rather than supporter , but I think that the remark above is absolutely unfair and was not asked for.

The OP asks how/where he can get a discount for military, gets an answer from Scott with a particular brand, and BANG here starts the "brand war".

The OP (I hope) has read a lot about AAD's and knows what he wants.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I'm talking about my own experience here, i have gone through problems with two seperate units because of service bulletins and recalls
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

just to be clear.

did you have PROBLEMS, or are you just disliking the extra legwork you had to do because of SB's ?

um when i buy something i would like it work right and not have problems.

just to be clear.

did you have PROBLEMS, or are you just disliking the extra legwork you had to do because of SB's ?

so, DID you have problems, or are you just unhappy with having SB's issued ?

If you would've read my original post i stated that i had problems with two units

nope, you said "i have gone through problems with two seperate units because of service bulletins and recalls " which can be interpreted quite openly.

so, what kind of PROBLEMS did you have with the units ?

ust to be clear.

did you have PROBLEMS, or are you just disliking the extra legwork you had to do because of SB's ? l

that was your first post, you didn't ask what kind of problems:S

both units i owned malfunctioned and ceased to work, i'm going with cypres next

Are you having trouble with your Vigil right now? I don't have your name in my repair records but if you PM I'm sure we can get your AAD sorted out for you :)

not this unit currently

You seem to be very vague about your problems. Why don't you provide more detail rather that a couple words? Frankly I doubt people are going to give a shit about your opinion "I am going with cypress next because vigils stop working" unless you actually have some facts to provide.

I also like how a vigil representative happened to find this thread and offered you assistance....

You seem to be very vague about your problems. Why don't you provide more detail rather that a couple words? Frankly I doubt people are going to give a shit about your opinion "I am going with cypress next because vigils stop working" unless you actually have some facts to provide.

I also like how a vigil representative happened to find this thread and offered you assistance....

I also like how you are doing a good job of not contributing to this thread. i stated my problems so read my posts, i was letting the first guy know i had issues with mine and don't want him to have problems like me.

"I would stay away from the vigil though, it has been riddled with problems "

You think this somehow constitutes a legitimate reason for someone not to buy a vigil? Unless the first guy is a complete moron, than he is going to require more information in order to eliminate vigil from the list of aads he is considering purchasing.

So, I think you have 3 options at this point:

1. Provide facts, and explain completely the problem you had with your unit(s). If indeed there was a serious problem, that your words will actually hold water.

2. Retract your statement saying "vigils suck, because they stop working, I know this, it happens to me all the time." If indeed your problems are a crock of shit (A vigil rep did just say you are not on file in their repair database), or they are somehow self induced, than the manufacturer doesn't deserve to be slandered in order for your to promote cypress because you like the color better.

3. Keep providing 1 sentence responses like you have been, and dodging completely any and all questions directed to you. Instead, refer to trying to help other people out, because you are as nice a guy as they come, and certainly everyone who meets you over the internet will have no problem taking your short explanation as proof that vigils indeed suck big time, and kill everyone who has purchased them.

I also like how you are doing a good job of not contributing to this thread. i stated my problems so read my posts, i was letting the first guy know i had issues with mine and don't want him to have problems like me.

Here is what you posted in this thread so far.

Thanks for your service! I would stay away from the vigil though, it has been riddled with problems

I'm talking about my own experience here, i have gone through problems with two seperate units because of service bulletins and recalls

If you would've read my original post i stated that i had problems with two unit

that was your first post, you didn't ask what kind of problems

both units i owned malfunctioned and ceased to work, i'm going with cypres next

not this unit currently

The only thing you have said is because of service bulletins and recalls, which says nothing about the problems that you were facing with your units. So instead of telling people to read your posts maybe you should read what you have written because you have said absolutely nothing but bash a product with nothing concrete to back it up. Which IMO does nothing to contribute to this thread or any future people reading it. Just because you had problems with something doesn't mean the product line is bad. Have you ever taken Tylenol for a headache and you still had the headache. Well if that has happened ever to anyone then by your reasoning Tylenol doesn't work and no one should use it. That one instance should ultimately overrule 1000's of instances of something working right? Just like you are saying here with Vigil right?

2. Retract your statement saying "vigils suck, because they stop working, I know this, it happens to me all the time." If indeed your problems are a crock of shit (A vigil rep did just say you are not on file in their repair database), or they are somehow self induced, than the manufacturer doesn't deserve to be slandered in order for your to promote cypress because you like the color better.

vigils suck, because they stop working, I know this, it happens to me all the time."

find my post where i wrote down those exact words

"I would stay away from the vigil though, it has been riddled with problems "

anyone with half a brain could look up previous threads with the search function and see that is a true statement