piisfish

Where do you get your supplies from ?

Question more specifically for European riggers, where do you order your supplies from ?
Tape & webbing ?
Thread ?
Fabric ? (Cordura, ZP etc...)
Hardware ?
Plastics and foams ?

Do you order from the US or do you have better/cheaper possibilities in Europe ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hi Nicholas,

I cannot help with European suppliers.

If D J Associates sells it, I buy it from them. They are simply ( IMO ) the best company I have ever dealt with.

For fabric:

I used to buy from Busch & Associates, Ltd. ( www.buschassociates.com ) but the woman that I dealt with died and the 'newer' people are not so friendly; and they do not carry as many colors as they used to.

I just bought some 1000d Cordura from Seattle Textile, Inc ( [email protected] / no website ). I bought imported rather than domestic and found the quality somewhat less; not a show-stopper but lesser quality. I will probably buy domestic on my next purchase. I found them to be a good company to deal with.

Also, try Brookwood Roll Goods ( www.brookwoodcos.com ) as they carry a fairly good range of colors in both 500d Cordura & 1000d Cordura.

Plastics & foam:

For SPACER padding: Gehring Textiles, Inc ( www.gehringtextiles.com / [email protected] ). They are a rather 'strange' company to deal with but you might give them a try.

Plastics I buy locally. I also buy foam locally.

Para-Gear is very good but I only buy small quantities and when they are the only ones carrying the item(s). I have dealt with Para-Gear since 1964; before you were born. :P

If you want more info on where I buy lots of other 'stuff' just drop an email & I'll spend some time with you.

Oh, and the best hot knife there is:

M. M. Newman Corp ( www.mmnewman.com / [email protected] ); get their Heavy Duty Hot Knife, Model HK-60. I do not know if it will work on your 220 v. :S

Hope that this gets you started,

JerryBaumchen

PS) I will pay as much as ~10% more to deal with a company that I prefer. To pinch pennies is, IMO, a false economy.

Tape and webbings come from either DJ Associates or Para Gear.
Threads were coming from the Belgian BST Company. They most probably had the best Type E available but they have unfortunately closed by the end of last year. I will now buy Nylbond from Coates in the UK.
Hardware also come from Para Gear but some specific items can be bought in France from Wichard.
Fabrics also mostly come from Para Gear.
The only problem with what comes from the USA is that it takes usually 3 x more time to travel through the Customs offices in Brussels and do the 110 km from Brussels to my loft at Skydive Center Spa than it takes for Para Gear to receive the order, prepare and ship it and for the goods to travel across the Atlantic.

The only problem with what comes from the USA is that it takes usually 3 x more time to travel through the Customs offices in Brussels and do the 110 km from Brussels to my loft at Skydive Center Spa than it takes for Para Gear to receive the order, prepare and ship it and for the goods to travel across the Atlantic.

I have the same problem usually, plus our customs always seem to pick MY orders, and charge me extra for "handling"... sometimes more expensive in just custom handling than the value of my order :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM