SethInMI

Creating a sock for my tube handle

My PC has the orange plastic tube handle. I ordered the rig with it b/c I liked the low snag potential of the double attachment. But I don't like worrying about getting a finger stuck in it, so I want to make it "finger safe".

I considered doing what others have suggested and plugging the tube with a piece of foam, but yesterday I had the thought of sewing a cover out of the leftover cordura tie-die that came with the rig.

Anyone done this or seen it done? Anyone see any down side to this?

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

May I suggest a different solution? Have your rigger to make a soft handle and sew it to the PC (across the width). You can use the cordura you have to match your rig so it will look like it was factory made.
These are the pictures of the handle I made to replace the plastic pipe on my wingsuit PC.
The template I used is very simple, I can make a sketch if you need.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3964552#3964552
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Snobs fill the holes in their pilot-chute handles with wine corks.
Handymen fill the holes with styrofoam, while rednecks cover the holes with duct tape!
Hah!
Hah!

I just keep my fingers outta the freakin' holes...;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

While matching pilot chute handles look nice, I always get them in a color, which contrasts with my rig. That way it is easy for me and others to see if it is too far in or out of the pocket before I jump.

Whatever you do, you might want to have a rigger do the work so you don't accidentally create a safety hazard.

While matching pilot chute handles look nice, I always get them in a color, which contrasts with my rig. That way it is easy for me and others to see if it is too far in or out of the pocket before I jump.

Whatever you do, you might want to have a rigger do the work so you don't accidentally create a safety hazard.

I got a white pc, with a royal blue handle, on a mostly black rig. Works perfectly for seeing if its sneaking out on me.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message