ladyhawke

Practice pays off!

Saturday my Neptune went bizerk on me on the climb up to altitude and got worse during freefall! Because of practicing "look at my altimeter, look at the ground" on my solo jumps, I was able to confidently pull on time (well planned for 7k and pulled at 6k we later figured) and THEN - MOST IMPORTANTLY - fly my landing pattern with NO PROBLEM what so ever. It was total perfection (I'm so proud)!

Just goes to show you CAN NOT depend on electronics and every skydiver should be AWARE of where they are in relation to the ground as well as to others.

It was kinda freaky but I also felt kinda cool!!
B| heh
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

It's always a weird/scary feeling the first time you go alti-less *new invented word* Good job on training yourself for visual reference.

As for the neptune, Did you get it fixed? I had one go bizzerk on me as well, (had fun watching it go crazy on the ride up, completely ignored it on the way down), found it to be a faulty battery. I cahnged the battery and it has worked fine since.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720