parafredo

Rigging horror

I've seen worse, mind you those appear to be made out of cotton candy and beer caps:o Everyone knows one should use dental floss and a nickle:ph34r:

To clarify...UNWAXED dental floss! :o

You tryin' to get somebody killed? >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Do you know who resized or changed the harness?

It's not going to break but it wasn't built very well. I would not put my seal on that rig.

Can you send me higher res pictures? I'll PM you my email address.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

When I worked for Rigging Innovations, we were only allowed on missed stitch per harness joint. Miss any more than one, and you got to re-sew the joint.
If you had to sew the same piece of webbing more than three times, it had to be replaced.
Frnakly, R.I. routinely replaces large chunks of harness webbing - when they re-size, repair, etc. - because it is often quicker for the factory to build an entirely new harness than to painstakingly pick stitches out of old harness webbing.

Send it back? You mean they sent it to you that way?

Come on buddy, if you read the earlier posts you can tell it was done by someone other than mirage. You are just trying to be a pain and pretend to take everything so literal
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Send it back? You mean they sent it to you that way?

Come on buddy, if you read the earlier posts you can tell it was done by someone other than mirage. You are just trying to be a pain and pretend to take everything so literal

Actually I mis-read the post I was replying to. Are you accusing me of trying to be a pain and pretending to take everything so literal?

I believe you are. MODERATORS!!!!!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

That is not a factory done harness. I am guessing it's unapproved too

If the work was in fact done by a Master rigger. it would be an approved repair/ modification in the eyes of the FAA.
Resizing a harness is considered a standard repair/modification.

If the design was changed to something other than what was original. that would be a different story.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

That is not a factory done harness. I am guessing it's unapproved too

If the work was in fact done by a Master rigger. it would be an approved repair/ modification in the eyes of the FAA.
Resizing a harness is considered a standard repair/modification.

If the design was changed to something other than what was original. that would be a different story.

MEL

You the nail on the head.

Unless some one-off harnesses were produced, Mirage harnesses come in three flavors.

• no rings
• hip rings - located below teh lateral junction, pointing down
• unisyn - chest rings and hip rings. chest ring are pointing outward, with the hip rings located AT the lateral junction and pointing down.

this harness was obviously bastardized.

I am attaching a picture proper hip/chest ring harness