Liemberg

HIV+ sitting next to me on a train / in a bus?

It is said, that when trains derail or cars collide, sometimes bleeding occurs. Body fluids might get mixed. Do I have the right to be informed about this additional risk that I am taking?

I paid for my ticket! :)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Subject HIV came up in another poll.

Apparently a majority of people that voted there said that a HIV infected tandemmaster is under some sort of moral obligation to inform his passengers. (63 vs 39 at feb 22 4:09)

BTW: Legal obligations start with votes over moral obligations in a democracy...

Medical braclets are a good idea - but that wasn't the question in the other poll.

"It is not a stigma, it is a sanitary precaution, like lepers rattling on the public road "

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

There are so many Bloodborne diseases to worry about besides HIV that you really just have to assume that if you mix blood with someone, it not a good thing period. As far as a TM having it...if you mix your blood with that of someone to whom you were strapped to after getting out of a plane at 13K....dying ten years from now from a bloodborne illness is NOT your real problem...

Skydiving isn't scary;...but clowns...CLOWNS are scary!

I would prefer to NOT sit next to a poo stabber.

That can be helped: We could have two different visible signs. "I got it while donating blood in Africa / I got it from sleeping around..."
:S

A thousand words...

They should inform me - they should have to go arround ringing a little bell shouting "unclean, unclean". Of course they mustn't own any property - they could infect it or something.

Maybe we should make them sew a symbol on their cloths so we all know they're infected and can avoid them if we want to... something highly visible... like maybe a bright yellow star or something.

No wait - I have a better idea... we could just build a lovely summer camp for them in the woods and they could all live there together in peace. There would be great rail links and a lovely comunial shower for them on arival. We should also make sure there are a load of nice big bread ovens. I hear they like bread. >:(

If your offended - read more history. >:(

Do I have the right to be informed about this additional risk that I am taking?

NO,you have the right to buy your self a car and drive alone if you dont feel that public transport aint safe...

I paid for my ticket!

Do you dare to take the ride...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Do I have the right to be informed about this additional risk that I am taking?

NO,you have the right to buy your self a car and drive alone if you dont feel that public transport aint safe...

I paid for my ticket!

Do you dare to take the ride...

Redneck Speech?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Troll alert! Troll alert! Troll alert! Troll alert! Troll alert! Troll alert!>:(

Not that Liemberg needs or wants my defense, but just for the sake of accuracy, this really wasn't a troll at all, when taken in the context of the forum/discussion it originally came from (though I do admit it sure looks like one).

this really wasn't a troll at all, when taken in the context of the forum/discussion it originally came from

thank you.
I realise it is impossible to read everything on all the forums.

whining voice: "It wasn't me! I'm an innocent victim of the ruthless greenies!" :)

A thousand words...