Tinkerbelle

catching cold sores from kissing on the DZ

No quite the contrary, I'm the one who has a hard time keeping the girls off of him! He does oblige me whenever I am around, but I fear those times when I am not. I turned germaphobe as an excuse for having dropped out of Med. school. Also I took way too much MicroBiology! I find if you avoid touching door knobs and public pens with your bare hands, you don't get sick that often. I just use the bottom of my slirt or shirt instead, works great! I used to get sick all the time, now I never do. I'd like to keep it that way. Also, so many people having cold sores is why I am so careful. I don't want them!

I caught Hell from the moderator for posting something in the wrong place once and wanted to move it before I got scolded. Then I put it in the Woman's forum 'cause I thought they might be more sensitive 'cause they like talking about their appearance, but it disappeared from there! Just trying to play by the rules, something I was never very good at! ;)

Yup, do that too, but not obsessively. I carry antibacterial stuff with me to clean my hands.
In Hawaii was with a guy at an event who had to shake everyone's hand. I warned him about it, but he ignored me. Next weekend he had to miss his spear fishing contest which he had always won for years 'cause he was sick. After that he got scared, knew I had something there, and carried a bottle of alcohol with him. Smart man, he learned the hard way, but he learned! My SOs have always been respectful like that and have learned!

I would bet I'm a bit older than you, Tink, and I don't worry obsessively or use my clothing to open doors. I pee in public potties, I kiss my friends when I see them. I've done the shake hands thing, and I've even been bowling in bowling allies with rental bowling balls and rental shoes!

I don't have herpes, hepititis, or any other communicable disease. And never had. I've had my share of colds, but then, such is life. I work with the public, and never know who or what I am dealing with. It's all right, I don't get sick...

So do you have a supressed immune system, or is mine just really, really strong?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

No, I am cuter than Michael, and no plastic surgery-

O.K., who's Michael, and what plastic surgery did he have? And why did he have plastic surgery? And how come you know he had plastic surgery?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I think you may have ocd or something. Just to compare me to you, I never use my clothing to open doors, I frequently kiss people when I say hello (usually on the cheek mind you), and shake hands with others. I do not run to the bathroom evertime I touch something questionable. I do not carry alcohol. I have not been sick in a very long time. I think if you are healthy, you should be able to fend off most things. If I see someone who is obviously sick, I try to keep distance. That is the only precaution I would say I take. I would consider myself more healthy than most people (though that doesn't really say too much:) )

Angela.

i'm confused why this is posted twice?

Anyhew, a few germs in your life are healthy. If you block out everything and go super hygenic your body cant build up immunities, therefore you get sicker.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I will explain this just one more time, so everyone pay attention...
It started off on General skydiving, but since one other of my posts was moved from there, and I quickly recognized that that might not be the place for it, I figured I would just move it to the more applicable forum before I was asked to, Just trying to be polite, and yet got so much shit for it! Hard to keep the natives from getting wrestless!

I frequently kiss people when I say hello (usually on the cheek mind you),

I got kisses on both my cheeks last night from Remi:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey