tasmanianjumper

Rental Rig

So here's a question: As a A license jumper I can rig my OWN main parachute but when I rent a rig and jump it.... it would have to repacked under a supervision of a rigger, correct? That is of course... unless I jump said rig until I repacked it for the last time under the supervision of a Senior Rigger, Correct?

Any thoughts folks?
Taz

The additional consideration is what the rig's owner requires. You are legally allowed to pack any main you plan to jump. The owner of the rig doesn't have to concur.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It doesn't matter who is the owner or the renter.

Legally, you may pack for yourself regardless of who owns the rig. You may also pack for someone else if you are supervised by a certificated rigger.

You may not pack any rig for someone else to jump, unless you are supervised by a certificated rigger. Even if it's your own rig.

You may not jump someone else's pack unless that someone else is a rigger or under the supervision of one. Even if it's your own rig.

In the situation you describe, when you are packing for yourself, you are not legally required to be supervised. From your description, the rental shop would like the rig returned with a pack job another rental customer could legally jump, which means the pack must be done by a rigger or under the supervision of one.

Mark