atsaubrey

Big boy rental rig and liability

I have been out of the game for a lil over two years now. So, HI everyone that knows me!

Anyhow. I have my rig that has been sitting for a few years and it just seems like a waste letting it sit and not be used. I have had several questions from big gys asking me questions about big boy rigs and what not. So I have been thinking about renting out my rig so the big boys can get in the air. My question is this: What kind of liability issues could I get myself into by renting it out?

Specs:
Vector 3
PA Tandem 330
Strong Mighty Mak 335 reserve
Vigil

The only thing I would need to add is the secondary pilot chute handle. What you guys think?
"GOT LEAD?"

>what do you mean by this?

Student rigs often have a secondary PC release handle on the left side so the reserve JM can open the main. It works by letting the pouch flop open; the PC then falls out, catches air and starts deployment.

Start by reviewing student waivers used by major DZs.
Then add a line - across the bottom - saying: "Don't waste your time suing me, bcause I am too poor to make it worth your legal fees."
Hah!
Hah!

The waiver at my DZ has a line that goes something like "The equipment is not guaranteed to work properly or even at all".
We also have a video of the lawyer that wrote it explaining the basics of it, including something like "the parachute isn't guaranteed to work. It is only guaranteed to have worked in the past".

(this part is to the OP, not riggerrob)
It's great that you are willing to let others use your gear, there have been a lot of "Big Boys" looking to jump recently.

I'd find the lawyer that wrote the waivier for your (former) DZ and discuss the situation with him. The DZ waiver may cover you, it may not.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Thanks for the responses, I would also think the "waiver" should cover my butt.

If any DZ is interested I would indeed be willing to rent out the rig. I should still have all the TSO and letters and tests done on the gear certified to 400+ lbs on the reserve. Actually the harness is built HEAVIER then a tandem. Type this and that webbing versus this and that webbing......been outta the game so long I have forgot alot of the terminolgy and what not. [:/]

"GOT LEAD?"