piisfish

Dear Riggers...

Since yesterday around midday, the guild of riggers count a new member (that would be me).

After almost 3 weeks spent in Eloy at the USAPR, I was given the privilege to act as a Back Rated Senior Rigger .

I do not have yet my certificate, as there is still 1 day in the course and that I do not want to give my tools back YET.

Congratulations to the other candidates who succeeded, and "keep your cool" to the one candidate who will be finishing this friday.

Many thanks to Mark Baur, Wayne Snyder, Sandy and Brenda Reid, all at Rigging Innovations, the very helpful and friendly people at the FAA and Southwest Test Center in Scottsdale, Laura at Skydive Arizona for spending a sunday helping us with our packjobs, Daniel and Lydie for the house and the bike. You have all helped me to receive my new 3 letter code VVI.

:)
P.S: for people in Eloy, tomorrow afternoon we'll have some beers at the prop.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Congratulations dude. Welcome to the dark side.
I have only one advice......never stop learning. And don't be afraid to say:"Oh,I don't know ..."

Blue skies
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Congrats on getting a ticket to learn! Just when you think you know a lot about rigging someone will show you something that makes you go HUH?? :D

Start coming up with a saying for your seal letter. One of my good friends is "Totally Kicks Ass!" B|

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Congrats on your TICKET! Way to go! I'm jealous you got to spend three weeks in Eloy. I did my training in Ottawa, IL in eight days. I feel very comfortable that I did enough to earn my rating, but it would have been nice to slow the pace down. It would have been nice to not do four or five pack jobs in a day, then be so dog ass tired you can't enjoy the whole experience. To be able to spend more time with the machines and tools. Shadowing the master riggers just to watch and learn from them. I’m happy for you brother! Welcome to the club…
Marriage is like a deck of cards. You start with two harts and a diamond only to discover you wish you had a club and a spade!

Congratulations dude. Welcome to the dark side.
I have only one advice......never stop learning. And don't be afraid to say:"Oh,I don't know ..."

Thanks,

these 2 things might be the only ones I already know for sure :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Congratulations for becoming member of the "riggers club". Now, it will be up to you to keep current with the always continuing evolution of skydiving equipment. I can see that you don't hesitate to travel. A good idea would be for you to attend the Parachute Industry Association (PIA) at Reno Nevada next February 2011. A lot of manufacturers to speak with up there and numerous very interesting seminars given by a lot of the most prestigious names of the parachute industry.
The biggest mistake a rigger can do is to hide behind his rating and claim he is OK and knowledgeable. Unfortunately it is often the case. Same for some doctors. I have seen riggers who have taken their course many years ago and being completely beyond new technologies or safety bulletins.
Do not hesitate to communicate with other riggers and frankly exchange your hesitations or doubts or contact directly the manufacturers.;)

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Most professionals (e.g. dentists) need to do regular refresher training to retain their license and so should riggers.
PIA Symposia are a good way to learn about the latest gadgets and fill in the gaps on your knowledge of other systems.
You will never know it all, and just when you think you know it all, some one will invent a new gadget.

Since yesterday around midday, the guild of riggers count a new member (that would be me).

After almost 3 weeks spent in Eloy at the USAPR, I was given the privilege to act as a Back Rated Senior Rigger .

I do not have yet my certificate, as there is still 1 day in the course and that I do not want to give my tools back YET.

Congratulations to the other candidates who succeeded, and "keep your cool" to the one candidate who will be finishing this friday.

Many thanks to Mark Baur, Wayne Snyder, Sandy and Brenda Reid, all at Rigging Innovations, the very helpful and friendly people at the FAA and Southwest Test Center in Scottsdale, Laura at Skydive Arizona for spending a sunday helping us with our packjobs, Daniel and Lydie for the house and the bike. You have all helped me to receive my new 3 letter code VVI.

:)
P.S: for people in Eloy, tomorrow afternoon we'll have some beers at the prop.

Now you will be exposed to the "dark arts" well beyond the "inspect and re-pack" regime. Read and learn, listen and learn, learn and and learn. You can never learn too much. Congratulations!! become a designer/ builder, it's super fun, it will expand your horizions exponentialy. Did I mention it was fun? Enjoy the ride.

Mick.

as I am not an american, I will gladly accept "Man of Parachutes".

We also found the name "Senior Wigger"

When a former boss started spelling "rigger" with the letter "N," I left!
Hah!
Hah!

Thanks Nick. It was fun hanging out with you, wish we could have had a chance to do some jumping while you were here. Don't be a stranger, come on back to Az. when you have a chance.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

the other candidate who successfully obtained his ticket during the same course is..... Scott Campos.

Congrats to him too :)

After all the things he has done, he wasn't a rigger??

Or was it a case of having the military certification and adding the FAA ticket on top?

In any case, congratulations to both of you. It was a really cool feeling for me to pass the course and tests and hold that ticket in my hand. (humbling too)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo