flyangel2

Your USPA License

Just wondering how most of you earned your USPA license. Personally I hold the highest respect for my license cause I worked hard to get it.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm like the Rev - I work for mine and pay my dues.

Eddited - butyou know, Mary, if I could, I'd "Earn" one any way I could.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Good Ol C-33893 Belongs to me Because I worked hard & sent my money in....:P

Wow, close. Cool.
C-33989
Took the test, had the logbook scanned for the proper quals, but had to borrow the $ to get it. :S
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Earned it through jumping and borrowed the cash :P

So obviously the bribery was out as well, but option 3? Well, let's just say my S&TA wasn't exactly my type.

I'm a dirty little :ph34r: too, but I don't have a name. Soon to be rectified. :D:D
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

how about:

- with the help of the friendliest DZ and S&TA/pilot I've met?

they went as far as flying an extra nightjump load just for me!

so, I'd like to thank everyone at Frontier Skydivers and Paul and Jon in particular...

thanks guys! :D

see you this summer ! B|

sam

soon to be gone

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Just how can someone use another person's license number if they didn't earn it? Just trying to figure out how this all works.
So a person uses another person's license number and signs log books. Then the person who got the log book signed by the other person who's license number really wasn't their's (are you with me still?), goes to get their license and it's brought to their attention that the person who signed the log book didn't use their real license number. Does the person that is trying to get the license have to go back and get the jump resigned?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm confused. I don't understand why a lower number is such a big deal to some people. Someone that chooses to "borrow" someone else's number cause it's lower is just being an asshat.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

It took me forever, but I finally mailed a copy of my USPA card yesterday. I've been basically licensed at my DZ since August, just hadn't taken the time to fill out the card, get it signed off, etc. I feel like it is an accomplishment after 2 years of "work." Sure it was fun earning it, but expensive student jumps and learning what I needed to know made it seem like work at times!!! Can't wait to see my name in Parachutest!! CASE OF BEER!!!!

Why would you want someone else's number again? Being an asshat, aside-- it doesn't do you much good to have mismatched bullshit USPA cards when you go to another DZ. How does that work-- "I use this name on waivers and on credit cards, but this is my USPA identity?"

I'm all for having sex with someone to get the license-- but only if I get to pick who:P

Interesting little tidbit from the USPA...I sent in my requirements for an A license and they sent me a B instead...I guess they figured that I was ahead of the game for some reason. When I did get the license, I was already B qualified...so I never got an A license "officially". Way to go USPA!!!! Whoooohoooo!!!;)

I'm all for having sex with someone to get the license-- but only if I get to pick who

You get the license number of the person you're having sex with;)