pccoder

Passion..of the Christ

Has anyone seen this yet? I saw it last night and was very dissapointed. I was really ready for a deeply emotional movie, etc. and all I got was 2 hours of beating this poor guy down with whips, etc. and then tacking him up on the cross to bleed to death.

I believe if you are going to pursue a movie such as this (especially this) you need to bring something new to the table other than just gore.

Good effects, etc. but nothing new, same thing only hollywood. I don't see what all the hype was about.

PcCoder.net

What I saw was a gratuitously violent depiction of an inhumanely brutal execution. I saw the kind of anti semitism that will eventually lead to interpersonal violence. I don't know what was worse, the film or the jesus freaks applauding at the end.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Read the book, already know how it ends. Unless they chaged the ending? OHH! Is there a secret surpise ending ?????????

Oh, I have a great idea for a story, but tell you what, I am only going to film the third act and you will have to guess what is going on. Basically, that is what this film does.

I saw the kind of anti semitism that will eventually lead to interpersonal violence.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It is a F***ing movie people about a F***ing book. Should we BURN THE BIBLE now because it depict Jews badly?????

It is called History.... DID EVERYONE KILL A JAP AFTER THE MOVIE PEARL HARBOR???????

Cut the shit..... THERE IS NO RELIGIOS GROUP IN THE PAST 100 YEARS THAT HAS SUPPORTED THE JEWS MORE THAN THE CHRISTIANS HAVE..... IF YOU THINK IT IS ANTI-SEMETIC FINE.. THINK THAT. BUT BE REALISTIC WILL YOU.

CHRIS

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I saw the kind of anti semitism that will eventually lead to interpersonal violence.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It is a F***ing movie people about a F***ing book. Should we BURN THE BIBLE now because it depict Jews badly?????

Not a bad idea as far as I'm concerned. Get rid of religion totally. It does no good.

It is called History.... DID EVERYONE KILL A JAP AFTER THE MOVIE PEARL HARBOR???????

As a matter of fact, there was a significant amount of interpersonal violence against Japanese immigrants in the wake of Pearl Harbor. Also, the U.S. incarcerated, illeagally, the lot of them.

Cut the shit.....

You cut the shit.

THERE IS NO RELIGIOS GROUP IN THE PAST 100 YEARS THAT HAS SUPPORTED THE JEWS MORE THAN THE CHRISTIANS HAVE..... IF YOU THINK IT IS ANTI-SEMETIC FINE.. THINK THAT. BUT BE REALISTIC WILL YOU.

I am realistic. There is ALSO no religious group that has PERSECUTED the jews more than christians. Or did no one teach you about that little thing in Europe between 1939-1945? You don't see anti semitism because you are an anti semite. To those who are not, we can clearly see the anti semitism in the film.

CHRIS

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Look... this movie will cause anti-semitism among stupid shits who have no concept of a little thing called "passage of time" and some jesus freaks, who are... well.... freaks!

You can't fault a movie for how it affects freaks and stupid shits...

I do not hate all "krauts" for the Holocaust, nor do I hate all the "Nips" for Pearl Harbor or Bataan, nor do I hate all the "gooks" for whalloping our ass a few years back, nor do I (to get to something I actually may give a crap about) hate all the "russkies" that essentially still occupy my dad's home country.

Movies have been made about all of the above (except the last one) and yes, some stupid shits and freaks may have gotten a little uppity, but fuck it... that is life. Better a little carnage than our free speech rights get impinged upon...

**Disclaimer: I haven't seen the movie***

So, I've heard a lot of people talking about the anti-semitic aspect of this film. I am curious as to what (specifically, if possible) is seen as anti-semitic? And how would it increase the anti-semitism already existent?

**Additional disclaimer: I am not trying to flame, just asking an honest question***

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Look... this movie will cause anti-semitism among stupid shits who have no concept of a little thing called "passage of time" and some jesus freaks, who are... well.... freaks!

You can't fault a movie for how it affects freaks and stupid shits...

Exactly. I also have not seen the movie, but why should this one be any different than other movies where people go out and do stupid shit.

Examples
The Program - "let's all go lay in the middle of the road cause it worked in the movie."

Jackass the movie - need I say more.

Basic Instinct - Knew a few homosexuals that would go see it because they HEARD it depicts homosexuals bad.

People who can't think for themselve and are relying on the media to make up how they live their lives and what to think is really sad.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

People who can't think for themselve and are relying on the media to make up how they live their lives and what to think is really sad.

replace ' the media' with 'their church' and i completely agree....come on people! think for yourself..it really doenst hurt once you get used to it ;)

Michele,

It is because people see the jews as killing Christ.

The kind of person who gets anti-semitic over this is the person who forgets four very important concepts (or is too dumb to know)

1. Christ was a Jew. (KKK and Neo-Nazi's always miss this one)

2. Romans drove the nails though Him.

3. If any one of us had been in the crowd we would have done the same thing.

4. And perhaps the most important, Christ GAVE His life. No man took it from Him. He counted it a JOY to suffer on the cross to reconcile us to Himself.

But because people do not understand these concepts, they see things like the Jews yelling for christs death and beating him and they get all pissed off because they are so filled with hate and always looking for someone to aim it at.

This is why many fear that the movie will breed anti-semitism. I for one do not think it will. Those that allow their minds to fill with anti-semitism I would venture to guess, already harbor it in their hearts.

Thanks.

See, my father is a Jew. I have no idea how this could "cause" anti-semitism, only that there is the possibility for those who are already anti-semitic to find "an excuse" to demonstrate it.

I have no doubt anti-semitism will rise in the near future; it's an apparent issue, and while it was swept undercover for a time, it isn't all that far undercover, and won't ever be. I think it will take far more than a movie to actually create anti-semitism...but maybe not too much more.

My brother saw it last night, and is raving about it. It's on my "I wanna see" list, but I am going to wait a bit for the crowds to thin. I don't like going to movies much, but I think this is one I should see on the big screen, rather than waiting for it to come out on video.

Thanks again....

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

>I have no doubt anti-semitism will rise in the near future; it's an
> apparent issue, and while it was swept undercover for a time, it isn't
> all that far undercover, and won't ever be.

I agree, but I think that will be common to a great many religions, not just judaism. People will be more "anti-everyone-besides-us" than anti any one religion. It doesn't take much to set it off - look at all the people right here on this forum who are strongly anti-muslim because of what some radical islamic terrorists did. Their rhetoric - "they teach their children to hate christians" - sounds exactly like the nonsense the palestinians teach their children about the jews (and vice versa.)

And as far as I can tell we're moving into a new age of intolerance. We go through phases of them. The last one was the McCarthy era of the 50's, when the bogeyman was communism. Now it's terrorism, and the muslims are the new targets.

My most favorite Aunt and Uncle are Jews. I love them. I love thier Jewishness (for lack of a better word) My Chritian faith stems from Judaism, from a saviour who was Jewish and I practice many parts of the Jewish faith because of my love for Isreal.

I am glad I was able to help answer your question.

At least for once I had something to offer someone here rather than stupid sarcasm:D.

Wow! It's a darn good thing that as skydivers we don't practice what we see in the movies! How'd ya like to be burning through 1,000 feet AGL while arguing at the top of your lungs about who's going to pull first? (Just like Keanu Reaves and Patrick Swaize)

Custom T-Shirts and Pullup cords

OHH! Is there a secret surpise ending ?????????

Yes. Jesus doesn't die. He instead goes on to manage 21 shopping malls across the US featuring over-priced electronic stores, sexy clothing wear, gangster music shops, spicy burritos in the food court and a vast selection of children's dinosaur rides...errrrrrr Jesus horses ;)

Forty-two