jumpinfarmer

Is Ralph Hatley a good guy to buy gear from?

is that the CALL RALPH guy? I bought my Hornet 150 from him and he was good to deal with. Had lots of stock colors, one thing to watch out for is he has the canopy manufacturer sew on CALL RALPH lables w / his phone number. I jumped the canopy about 20 times before i gave my rigger $5 to remove the lables. Other than that little "surprise" I had no trouble,,,

Edit to say: I believe his return policy was nice too, 30 days to fly the canopy after purchase and decide if i want to keep it or not,,,IF i remember correctly.
Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

I buy from Ralph because he is local, and I can drive to his DZ. He has in the past pissed me off for not letting demo a stiletto when I had like 70 jumps.:PI could be mistaken, but if you are in the market for a Hornet he may be the only dealer with them in stock. My advice is know what you want and what it's worth. Good luck.

blue skies

jerry

I have bought multiple rigs and various other items from him. His prices are always very good. He also stands behind the products he sells. He gave me the chance to fly the canopy with the option to return it if I was not satified.

Tom
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh1t...what a ride!"

I called him w/ 30 jumps. He told me for my size, I needed a Javelin J7 (too big for my main & reserve AND way too short, even though I told him a FEW times that I am 6'5" and 250 lbs). Sold me a used (told me new) PD 218r reserve. Convinced me a Hornet was the perfect canopy (fell apart after 80 Jumps) and sewed the "Call Ralph" banner on the side. After MUCH debate, I traded the Hornet for a used Triathlon (+ $200) that was sold to me as "perfect" but actually was badly out of trim (Aerodyne fixed THAT for free A+++++++)

So, make your own conclusion...

Blog Clicky

I have bought multiple rigs and various other items from him. His prices are always very good. He also stands behind the products he sells. He gave me the chance to fly the canopy with the option to return it if I was not satified.

Tom

Did you try to return it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

had someone get a canopy from him at my dz... the darn label he sewed on is now laying in the rigging rom as a testiment of what someone got that they didn't want.... something that didn't come factory on a canopy......