passaroc

Which rig to buy? Infinity X Icon X Javelin?

All the rigs that you have mentioned you pretty much can't go wrong with as long as they fit well wig your body as likestojump stated.
You should also consider other rigs such as Vector's or mirage's. It really comes down to what kind of options you are looking for and how comfortable the rig is for you.;). Good luck and let us know what you end up choosing!

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

My pick is Javelin, Mirage, Vector (in that order).

I would stay away from Infinity at all cost. I have jumped one (only about 20 jumps) and can honestly say it was the crappiest rig I ever jumped. I would also stay away from Racer.

Anything a little more in depth as to why you think he should avoid an Infinity? Was it yours? Borrowing it? Was it sized for your build?
Stay high pull low

I would stay away from Infinity at all cost. I have jumped one (only about 20 jumps) and can honestly say it was the crappiest rig I ever jumped. I would also stay away from Racer.

funny, ask a rigger and most will say infinities are in their top 3 rigs.

i would wager it wasn't sized for you?

My infinity is like sitting on the couch, it's so comfy. I love the riser covers and the way it looks. To each his own, though i have NEVER (honestly, never) heard that much vitriol about an infinity...you're definitely an outlier.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

out of all three, infinity is the best followed by Javeline than Icon.

Aerodyne is the worst of them all, pack one and you'll find out why, and the reserve tray is made with single layer, and if you land wrong and drag the side of the reserve container than you'll have to send it all to the manufacturer to fix.

and Javeline sucks because the main flap never stays closed.

and Infinity is ugly to some, but I jumped it for the last 1200 times and had no problem

now I have mirage that has constant issue with riser cover not coming undone evenly.

go pick your poision.
I recommend Inifity
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

This is the first time I have ever heard of someone not liking an Infinity. What gives? What didn't you like about it?
BASE 1384

Seriously, I can't believe someone recommended Javelin over Infinity.

and I would stay away from Javelin at all cost.
They take over 20 weeks to make and the new design is NOT the same as old Javelin, the mandatory skyhook and flap design sucks!!!
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I am getting a Safire or Sabre 120, and want a buy a new rig for me? Which one, you guys, have to tell me about this rigs: Infinity x Javelin X Icon.
You think the infinity is a good deal for me?
Thanks for the help!

Hands down... Infinity

Right now their waiting time is very short.

Top customer service that is second to none and I am on my third Infinity.

Its more comfortable than my new Wings(hey I got a 50% off cert.. that I could not pass up) and its VASTLY more comfortable than my old Jav...that had open flaps or riser covers flapping on every freaking jump

It is UBBER freefly friendly... and since I tend to do sketchy shit like speedskydivng with speeds in excess of 300 MPH I KNOW that my flaps stay closed and I dont have stuff flapping around back there. I told Kelly what I wanted.. what I was doing.. and he said no problem, that I was good to those speeds.

I have a lot of older gear... and have jumped a lot of rigs...and I say....

GET THE INFINITY:)

I would stay away from Infinity at all cost. I have jumped one (only about 20 jumps) and can honestly say it was the crappiest rig I ever jumped.

How about you back that up with some facts and figures? If you had just said, 'Not my cup of tea', I would chalk it up to personal opinion.

The 'crappiest rig ever' and 'avoid at all costs' really need some supporting argument.

now I have mirage that has constant issue with riser cover not coming undone evenly.

I've only had that once and it was very low airspeed opening and packing included uneven risers.. :)

I've never regretted getting a mirage, I'll recommend it hands down.

and I would stay away from Javelin at all cost.
They take over 20 weeks to make and the new design is NOT the same as old Javelin, the mandatory skyhook and flap design sucks!!!

Umm...check your facts...wait time is now 10 weeks.

Never? Huh. Thats funny, cause mine's never come undone in freefall.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

out of all three, infinity is the best followed by Javeline than Icon.

Aerodyne is the worst of them all, pack one and you'll find out why, and the reserve tray is made with single layer, and if you land wrong and drag the side of the reserve container than you'll have to send it all to the manufacturer to fix.

and Infinity is ugly to some, but I jumped it for the last 1200 times and had no problem

go pick your poision.
I recommend Inifity

It is obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about. I bet if I asked you to show me where the risers are on any of those rigs you would be pointing to leg straps. Ok I have wasted enough time on this reply.

If you are looking for a rig that has or is Sky Hook ready then you can narrow your search to 3 manufacturers UPT with Micron, Sunpath with Javelin and Aerodyne with Icon. All 3 rigs are the finest quality and workmanship wise, but they vary in how they fit, delivery times and final price. My advise is demo, demo, demo, make your own educated decision as to what works for you, after all you are the person who will be wearing that rig.