quade

$10,000 reward for information proving GWB's story.

Oh my. It's funny seeing all you Democrats scheming to oust Bush. :P

Sorry, that was mean. I wouldn't like him if I were you either. (because if I were you, I would be a Democrat, follow?)

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a Democrat and I won't be voting for Bush.

It isn't just Democrats who'd like to see someone else in the White House this time next year.

Thats right. I'm a republican myself and I would prefer to see Gilligan or maybe even the Skipper in the White House.

Oh my. It's funny seeing all you Democrats scheming to oust Bush.

Scheming? You think we have to create schemes to make him unpopular?

Lately, he's doing a pretty good job at creating negative publicity all by himself.

In the latest poll I can find he wasn't doing too well across the board.
http://www.pollingreport.com/wh04gen.htm

And this was before his Constitution Amendment stunt this last Tuesday.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Quade, just curious here, not trying to start shit:

What's the big deal with this issue? Let's just say for instance, that a week from now, we find out that Bush never showed up to National Guard, was a terrible soldier, yadayadayada, what do you hope to gain from this? Proving that the guy acted like a kid when he was a kid? Clinton tried a little grass and cheated on his wife, Bush possibly skipped out on the National Guard for various reasons. And (while I'll admit I can't think of anything right now...mainly 'cause I don't follow politics too closely), Kerry probably has a bunch of shit that we'll find out sooner or later too. Yawn...

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I think a LOT of people in the time period did whatever the hell they could to avoid getting shot for no real good reason.

I can't blame him too much on that account.

What sort of pisses me off is the "stolen glory" factor. Him saying that he was in the ANG ready and willing to fight at a moments notice. I'm pretty sure that's BS.

He did what he had to do to avoid getting shot at -- that's all. No more and maybe no less -- however, maybe he did do less than what was legally required. Again, a youthful indescretion -- hey, why stop at one? We all made them (or will in the near future) that's what being a youth is partly about.

What I -really- find funny is actually his over reaction to the whole thing.

Since he knows there's very little proof of him serving or not serving all of his time, he should put the burden of proof on his accusers. Make it their issue to waste time on. But he hasn't!

Personally, I wish he'd spend ZERO time on this issue and show me the head of Osama bin Laden.
quade -

Quade, just curious here, not trying to start shit:

What's the big deal with this issue? Let's just say for instance, that a week from now, we find out that Bush never showed up to National Guard, was a terrible soldier, yadayadayada, what do you hope to gain from this? Proving that the guy acted like a kid when he was a kid? Clinton tried a little grass and cheated on his wife, Bush possibly skipped out on the National Guard for various reasons. And (while I'll admit I can't think of anything right now...mainly 'cause I don't follow politics too closely), Kerry probably has a bunch of shit that we'll find out sooner or later too. Yawn...

Goes to character. He's said that he will restore honor and dignity to the White House, but certainly has a place among the biggest liars in presidential history, and not in unimportant ways like consensual sex, but in ways that are deeply hurting this country.

I agree that in a vacuum, this might not matter a whole lot. If he were a good and honest president, I could be more forgiving. But so many people have bought into his and the GOP's shit - I'm glad for anything that might help a few more people question who this person really is, what his party (as it exists now) really stands for, what are the rest of the lies, and whether they should be doing more to get this piece of shit out of office.

Once again, GWB had to go active and graduate from UPT just like anybody else. To the best of my knowledge, there wasn't (and still isn't) a Dumbassed Texan flight training program, geared towards ANG and Reservists.

That means serious competition from his contemporaries in Tweets (T-37s), and then T-38s. He had to complete that ENTIRE program in order to transition to the Texas ANG aircraft. If he had washed out, that would have been IT. No wings, no ANG duty. He would have had to go where the service wanted him at that point.

That he finished UPT (and got wings) puts him pretty far up there in my book.

If anything, the washout rate is probably far lower today than it was back then, due to lower standards, costs, and politcal correctness (IMHO).

I wish the libs would quit flagellating this particular deceased equine. I don't think Kerry's or GWB's service records are at issue - it's what they've done since that matters (I refer to "Winter Soldier", in particular. Until Kerry comes clean on that, he'll remain, in my opinion, both LIAR and HYPOCRITE).

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Again, I'd like to remind you that I'm only pointing out the stupid stuff on this issue.

I agree with you that it's a little silly. You -did- read all of my last post before replying -- yes?

Anyway, bring me the head of Osama bin Laden and I'll tell you GWB is doing the job he ought to be doing.
quade -

>we find out that Bush never showed up to National Guard, was a
>terrible soldier, yadayadayada, what do you hope to gain from this?

In the best of all possible worlds, the nonsense comparing Bush's military career to Kerry's would stop, and there would be less mudslinging to listen to over the next six months. (Of course what will really happen is they will just find something else to sling mud about.)

Since he knows there's very little proof of him serving or not serving all of his time, he should put the burden of proof on his accusers. Make it their issue to waste time on. But he hasn't!

Personally, I wish he'd spend ZERO time on this issue and show me the head of Osama bin Laden.

I agree Paul, why didn't Bush make this a non-issue by just ignoring it?

Gore went to war so his daddy could run for president yet he was never in any battles. Of course he can prove he was in Vietnam.

Once again, GWB had to go active and graduate from UPT just like anybody else. To the best of my knowledge, there wasn't (and still isn't) a Dumbassed Texan flight training program, geared towards ANG and Reservists.

That means serious competition from his contemporaries in Tweets (T-37s), and then T-38s. He had to complete that ENTIRE program in order to transition to the Texas ANG aircraft. If he had washed out, that would have been IT. No wings, no ANG duty. He would have had to go where the service wanted him at that point.

That he finished UPT (and got wings) puts him pretty far up there in my book.

If anything, the washout rate is probably far lower today than it was back then, due to lower standards, costs, and politcal correctness (IMHO).

I have to call BullShit. If you believe that, maybe you should stop wearing rose coloured glasses.

I went to school with the three sons of the queen of Holland. Two of them were pretty bright, one isn't quit that bright:)
One of them was "helped" quite a bit along the way.

Now, I am not saying that this specifically happened to Dubya. However, he is one of the few who did not have to wait to get into the reserves. So, we already know he got help on some issues........

I agree Paul, why didn't Bush make this a non-issue by just ignoring it?

I don't know! You'd think that he'd have the absolute best advisors he could have war-gaming issues and responces, but all throughout his Presidential election and Administration I see him being side-tracked by really odd issues and giving, from my point of view, really bizarre answers.

From a publicity / media handling / media crisis management stand point it just doesn't make sense.
quade -

I'll admit I can't think of anything right now...mainly 'cause I don't follow politics too closely), Kerry probably has a bunch of shit that we'll find out sooner or later too. Yawn...

Not to highjack this thread and turn it into a Kerry thing, but there is a HOLE LOT of shit out there for the reading about Kerry's exploits!

SMA#18

Again, I'd like to remind you that I'm only pointing out the stupid stuff on this issue.

I agree with you that it's a little silly. You -did- read all of my last post before replying -- yes?

Anyway, bring me the head of Osama bin Laden and I'll tell you GWB is doing the job he ought to be doing.

I think I remarked in this thread (or another very similar one recently) that "clueless journalists and politicians should refrain from talking about things they know little or nothing of; exempli gratia, military service" ("I'm an expert on naval carrier operations because I've watched Top Gun fifteen times!").

It just bothers me that a lot of people who "loathe the military" (to quote that Clinton staffer) are taking potshots like this (though I'm really surprised that the liberal intelligentsia are supporting and defending John Kerry - these are undoubtedly some of the same ones who spat on GIs returning from SEA. I mean, how do the bleeding hearts justify their position now? Surely by their definition, John "BABY KILLER!" Kerry is unfit for office, because he was part of "The Establishment" [Oh, wait-- he threw "his" medals over the White House fence, and attended anti-war rallies with Jane Fonda, and KNOWINGLY told bald-faced lies in front of Congress with his bullshit "Winter Soldier" testimony -- he's one of us! I guess if GWB had been a protester like Kerry, he'd be a darling of the Left as well, but I digress]).

Both the incumbent and the candidate served, and at significant personal risk (though in different ways, I admit). It diminishes neither that they did so.

What bothers me most about this is how much hot air is being expended on it. It's almost as bad as the silly "homosexual 'marriage'" debate.>:(

In other words, don't we have more important issues to discuss? As an ex-Army Brat and ex-GI myself, it's what Kerry did AFTER his military service that means more to me.

I think what I'm saying here is that "opinions" should only be accepted from those who have a basis for making an "informed" opinion. In other words, if you (journalist/politican) haven't served (or if you can't PROVE to my satisfaction that you did), your opinion, although welcome in debate, carries a lot less weight in my eyes. It's billvon's skydiving analogy writ large.

Someone else's job always looks easier to the uninformed or unknowing.

mh

(USAF 1981-1985, and from this vet, "YOU'RE WELCOME">:()

***I have to call BullShit. If you believe that, maybe you should stop wearing rose coloured glasses.

I went to school with the three sons of the queen of Holland. Two of them were pretty bright, one isn't quit that bright:)
One of them was "helped" quite a bit along the way.

Now, I am not saying that this specifically happened to Dubya. However, he is one of the few who did not have to wait to get into the reserves. So, we already know he got help on some issues........

BAD call. The RDAF isn't the USAF in the late 60's early 70's. I can say unequivocally that GWB got no 'help' graduating from UPT. He was no Prince of Orange. At Randolph (or Kelly or where ever else he trained), GWB was just another Swingin' Dick who had to earn his wings just like the rest of his class. If anything, he had to be better, because his instructors would have demanded more from him. Try coping with that kind of pressure while trying to keep up with the academic and flying load. I can think of few things tougher to accomplish. Many good men (and now women, 'course) don't make the cut. The only thing harder is naval aviation - that's a real ball-buster. His DAD is the one who did that (and libs have trashed his service record as well - they have no shame).

mh