absane

Smallest canopy in Javelin J6N?

Call me a noob... but, I'm looking to buy my first rig and shopping is giving me a headache.

I had found a Javelin J6N container that I like... but all that the sizing chart tells me is that it fits a "ZP up to 260." So... how small can I go? I'm not in a hurry to downsize at all. I'm using a PD 220 student canopy and I'm quite comfortable staying there for a while (time-wise anyway.. since I average under 2 jumps a week).

What's the smallest that could fit in this? That would give me a good idea about when I should resell this container should I buy it.
Don't forget to pull!

If you're looking at one of the two systems I've got listed in classifieds here on DiZZy, they are not student rigs.

They were purchased by a jumper who prefers larger F111 7-cells.

I happen to have one open at the moment, and a Spectre 210 on hand... Will let you know how it looks for fit if I can get a chance.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

I appreciate all the replies. I think I'm steering away from the Javelin now. It's listed on eBay and he isn't offering a return... so I just want to go with something else.

I'm looking very seriously at this: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=98764&d=1

I've got some e-mail exchanges going with Sunrise to see if I can fit into it comfortably and if not, what modifications can be done to make it a better fit (and the cost of doing so).

I happen to have one open at the moment, and a Spectre 210 on hand... Will let you know how it looks for fit if I can get a chance.

Awesome. Thank you.
Don't forget to pull!

I have a j5 and the smallest I can fit is a 210. If u email sunpath they have quick responses.

Not sure where u get your info from as i had a 170 in a j5 for ages. My rigger shortened the closing loop and said it was safe to jump. It was obviously an easy pack job fitting the canopy in the d-bag.