skygod7777

smoke for a demo jump

i'm looking for orange smoke to use on a demo

Put red and yellow on the same mount, and they'll mix together to make orange.

Sure John,

We have a lead on white smoke. Where can we get red and yellow?

What you probably want is marine signal smoke, it comes in a couple sizes and varieties.

You can get it without a pyro license at most high end boating supply shops...go for the 3 minute units, they are about the size of a small coffee can but put out a massive amount of volume both in free-fall and under canopy.

...hope ya like stains on yer jumpsuit! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have done several demo with smoke. If using smoke generator, make sure to start the smoke early enough to have it stopped before landing. Otherwise, the smoke can dirty you canopy or hot ash can be projected (with the landing impact) on the canopy and do a hole in it. It happened to me.
Now, no more smoke for demo for me. I recommend you to go in a fabric store and buy few yards of a colorful neon color fabric. You cut tapes of 2 inches wide (with a hot knife or scissors) and knot them one after the other. This approach is way cheaper reusable and very spectacular for the crowd on the ground since the tapes stay and follow where you have flown your canopy showing its trajectory. I have several tapes of that kind each of them measuring 30-40 feet long.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.