crapflinger2000

Coffee - how much too much?

Daaaaaaamn, you people gotta help me understand ya'll... I know so many people who constantly drink coffee all day long, like its their 'fix' or something. I just don't like it all that much except on occasion. Whats the deal?

I usually have about 1 gal of coffee every day, between the cup at home, one on the way to work (big travel mug) and 3-4 at work (still big travel mug), depending upon the day.

If I haven't had any coffee that morning, I'm usually pretty bitter.

I have that many POTS a day. We won't go in to how much Diet Coke I drink when I stop drinking coffee at 10AM. I will tell you that I switch to caffeine free Diet Coke at 3PM, however.
Anal? Who? Me?
Wendy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used u

One cup is too much for me. Hell, one drink is too much. I used to drink it by the gallon....hell, I even looked into having the second fuel tank on my truck converted to a coffee tank I could just hook a straw right to for that hour long commute....but I don't touch the stuff anymore. I was working 3 jobs and going to school....living on about 3-4 hours of sleep a night(I got to sleep a good 7-8 hours sunday morning/afternoon, luckily)..I never liked coffee, just drank it out of necessity to keep me awake. I would literally drink 12-15 cups(big cups..probably 22oz or so) a day.

Once I didn't need to drink it anymore, I quit...and went through serious withdrawl from the caffeine.. I don't touch the stuff now.

Mike

Man, I'm inconsistent. In law school and college, I could have mainlined coffee. Now I'm down to three or four cups per day, unless I feel really hyper. Then I'll up the intake.

When you start shaking and sweating, you've had too much coffee.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I used to have a big mug at my old job, about the size of two normal mugs and I counted one day and I had 9 of these in a 12hour shift. I always have 2 sugars so that was 4 in this mug which made it 18 spoons of coffee and 36 spoonfuls of sugar. It suddenly clicked why I always felt a bit sick when I was at work, cut down drastically after that.

Can't imagine what that must do to your insides after a few years.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......