absane

Panic Suits

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skydiving-skydive-suits-PANICSUITS-RW-JUMPSUIT-/220663109165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33608bd62d

http://www.panicsuits.com/index.php?page=products&prod=1

Does anyone here jump with a RW Panic Suit or know someone that does? How decent is it? The only posts and reviews that I've read are from years ago and they are very limited. I like the design, and it's fairly cheap for what I want (cool design, booties, and reflective stripes).
Don't forget to pull!

search is your friend...

check these results, some old threads about them

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=cat_1&search_string=panic+suits&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=&sb=post_time&mh=25
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Thank you. However, I've already seen those posts. They are from years back and don't say anything about the current integrity of the suits. There seem to have been issues with the stitching coming apart after 25-50 jumps. However, the sample size is small and it's from years back. I'm looking for information regarding the suit's integrity today.

I e-mailed the owner and he's a great guy... he told me the suits are made to last a long time. That's cool and all, but I can't find reviews anywhere.
Don't forget to pull!

Thank you for the reply. I was afraid this thread would die.

From what I understand, the guy was just starting out back then. The complaints that I see are from years back and since then, nothing has been said of them. Not good or bad. I had a back-and-forth exchange with Carlos (the guy that makes them) and he says he'd be happy to fix the suit if it were defective... and, I believe him.

Yea, I know there are other reputable suppliers around. However, for the price of PS, I get what I like... a cool design, booties, reflective stripes, etc. Unless I'm looking at the wrong places, just a basic suit with nothing fancy will cost me just the same.

If all else fails, I'll may just go with Bev Suits.
Don't forget to pull!

Hi Absane,
Look around this site. You'll find a number of very unhappy former customers. One guy I remember because his suit starting falling apart almost immediately. He had to send it back after only 25-50 jumps. Sure, they took it back, & "Repaired" it. It was worthless inside of another 25 jumps... He didn't bother to send it back again. Once a company treats customers like that? I look elsewhere. Carlos seems like a nice guy, & you trust him? Carlos is the one who did prior customers like that. Not Cool. His suits are only advertised on Ebay, & @half the cost of a real suit, for a reason. On the other hand, Bev suits has a solid rep. Get a basic suit from them for about a hundred dollars more, & be done w/it. Suits come up cheaper here regularly. Why the hurry to get a suit? It's going to be too cold to jump in a couple months anyway.

If it was me? I wouldn't give them the business. If only out of principle for how they treated others. If you want to overlook that, & probably throw away $120. I wish you luck.

P.S.: Oops, I just took another look @them on Ebay. I thought they only went for about $120. $220 for a suit from someone w/that track record? No Way.

Well, I have made my decision to go with Bev suits. Thank you.

Too cold to jump? lol. I started AFF Feb 3 when the wind chill during freefall was around -10 F lol. It didn't bother me much at all. Though, I did freeze my ass off during ground school because the heater wasn't working :(
Don't forget to pull!

Everyone is human and mistakes can happen. I bought a premium top name suit and even visited the facility when I was in the USA. When it arrived there were a few shortcomings in the stitching - seams around the grippers not even stitched correctly (dropped stitches).

I could have sent it back at my cost and had it repaired. I opted to fix it myself. It's a good suit, works well fits well. One could conclude from my experience that they make crap and their errors would have cost me money to fix (shipping from Canada). At the end of the day $40 in S&H wasn't worth 10 minutes and a few feet of thread. I like the suit and would buy another one.

I don't know how much weight should be assigned to some problems from years ago.

-Michael