dropdeded

Oh Well, I tried

16 month Emergency Services course, In debt over $14,00.00. Denied Ambulance drivers cert. because of DUI's over 9-10 years ago.
Got to call the Ambulance company that hired me and tell em "never mind". This fuckin blows BIG! WTF, I am completely blown away. The DMV can kiss my fuckin ass.
Today is my final day at school, fuck it. Whats the point.

Just needed to vent. Have a nice day.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Ed, that really, totally, sucks.
Is there an appeals process?
Is there a statute of limitations so that in the future you'll be able to get one?

Did I mention that really sucks.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I looked it up. Looks to me like you could fight it on the grounds of the time frame.

Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Ambulance Driver Certificate

13372. (a) The department shall deny an ambulance driver certificate if any of the following apply to the applicant:

(1) Is required to register as a sex offender under Section 290 of the Penal Code for any offense involving force, violence, threat, or intimidation.

(2) Habitually or excessively uses or is addicted to narcotics or dangerous drugs.

(3) Is on parole or probation for any felony, theft, or any crime involving force, violence, threat, or intimidation.

(b) The department may deny an ambulance driver certificate if any of the following apply to the applicant:

(1) Has been convicted during the preceding seven years of any offense punishable as a felony or has been convicted during that period of any theft.

(2) Has committed any act involving moral turpitude, including fraud or intentional dishonesty for personal gain, within the preceding seven years.

(3) Habitually and excessively uses intoxicating beverages.

(4) Has been convicted within the preceding seven years of any offense relative to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or addictive or dangerous drugs, or of any misdemeanor involving force, violence, threat, or intimidation.

(5) Is on probation to the department for a cause involving the unsafe operation of a motor vehicle.

(6) Within the three years immediately preceding the application has had his or her driver's license suspended or revoked by the department for a cause involving the unsafe operation of a motor vehicle, or, within the same period, has been convicted of any of the following:

(A) Failing to stop and render aid in an accident involving injury or death.

(B) Driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, or under the combined influence of intoxicating liquor and any drug.

(C) Reckless driving, or reckless driving involving bodily injury.

(7) Has knowingly falsified or failed to disclose a material fact in his and her application. Applicants refused certification under this provision shall not be issued an ambulance driver certificate within 12 months of that refusal.

(8) Has been involved as a driver in any motor vehicle accident causing death or bodily injury or in three or more motor vehicle accidents during the preceding one-year period.

(9) Does not meet minimum medical standards specified in this code or in regulations adopted pursuant to this code.

(10) Has demonstrated irrational behavior or incurred a physical disability to the extent that a reasonable and prudent person would have reasonable cause to believe that the ability to perform the duties normally expected of an ambulance driver may be impaired.

(11) Has violated any provision of this code or any rule or regulation adopted by the Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol relating to the operation of emergency ambulances during the preceding one-year period.

(12) Has committed any act that warrants dismissal, as provided in Section 13373.

(c) The department may revoke or suspend the ambulance driver certificate of any person who gives any cause, before or after issuance of the certificate, for either mandatory or discretionary refusal of certification.

Wow, that does suck. I'm surprised that wasn't something that came up before your training and before you spent all that money. :S Would have been nice of them to alert you of that.

If this were a more recent incident, that would be one thing... but everyone should have the opportunity to get past something like that. [:/] Sorry, dude.

Paper asked if I had "EVER" ........, I answered yes, she said "DENIED". She even pulled it up from 9-10 years ago. It was misdemeaner shit. Im so done with it all right now. I havent been pulled over for like 9 years, shit I havent even had a drink for over 5 years. I dont know how to work this bullshit so fuck em, they win.
Guess I shoulda just lied:P

dropdeded
The Dude Abides.
-

did you ask for her supervisor?
------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, because I answered "yes", it was a mandatory denial.

Anybody need a roofer with an AS Degree in Emergency Services and Safety Management;)

dropdeded (roofing is my life)
The Dude Abides.
-

Goodness, I must say that I cannot wait to have the opportunity to go to court with you, Kris. If you need a letter of recommendation, let me know.

Ed: See those qualifying factors from the code section that she gave? It indicates that the decision not to grant you the license was "arbitrary and capricious." Go back to the HR person and ask for a copy of any manuals and administrative officers to whom you can speak.

You do not need to give up. You can take this on. Then, get a written explanation about exactly what standards were used to deny the license.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

16 month Emergency Services course, In debt over $14,00.00. Denied Ambulance drivers cert. because of DUI's over 9-10 years ago.
Got to call the Ambulance company that hired me and tell em "never mind". This fuckin blows BIG! WTF, I am completely blown away. The DMV can kiss my fuckin ass.
Today is my final day at school, fuck it. Whats the point.

Just needed to vent. Have a nice day.

dropdeded

Ed,
Take a couple of days to blow it off and then get after it. You worked to fucking hard to quit now. Hang in there it will be worth it.
Sparky
PM Kris and let her help you out.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

DUI's? Meaning plural? Didn't you think that might affect your status as an ambulance driver? Regardless, I can't believe someone didn't ask you or others in the class about that issue to save you money.

Bitch at your teachers and ask why they left that requirement out of their lectures? Seems to me they would screen applicants better than that and let you know ahead of time before you wasted your money.

Give 'em hell and try to get things going in your direction. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Take the weekend off, go jump, relax.

On Monday, talk to the folks at the center and find out the appeals process. Start working on it immediately.

Explain what steps you've taken since the DUI's to address the issue, and demonstrate that you no longer have issues with alcohol. Further, explain to them that you haven't even been pulled over for anything in (XX) years.

Ask them for assistence to move through the appeals process as quickly as possible.

You've gone too far, you've worked too hard, and you've done so much to let this go without a bit of a fight.

We're with you, my friend. Kris gave you the appropriate weapons, Lawrocket has made some suggestions, and I've been through the appeals processes for municipalities. Tons of resources here. Use them.

Look at it this way - there is absolutely nothing to lose in fighting this, and absolutely everything to gain.

Hugs to you.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Do you always give up that easily?

Quit feeling sorry for yourself, get your ass in gear and solve the problem. B|

You worked too hard and invested too much to give it up without a fight.

FYI, I'm sober 8 years. I've had to fight for a few things that I dorked up in my previous "life"

Hello Ed,

You've gone too far, you've worked too hard, and you've done so much to let this go without a bit of a fight.

We're with you, my friend. Kris gave you the appropriate weapons, Lawrocket has made some suggestions, and I've been through the appeals processes for municipalities. Tons of resources here. Use them.

I agree with Michele, Nightingale and Lawrocket. Please don't give up now. You have worked so hard. :(

I care about you very much, Ed, as we have gotten to know each other through PMs after AAW closed done. You are a truly wonderful person who would only be an asset to any institution. I think that you deserve to get that Ambulance driver job. Do anything and everything that you can to get that Ambulance Driver's Certificate. You must try all your resources first, Ed.

Please know that I and many others are totally behind you. I wish you the best of luck, my friend. Please keep us posted.
With utmost respect,
ROSA

You rock, Blahr!

Ed, remember you're worth it, you just have to make sure you remember it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Definitely don't give up. There has to be a way to get past your driving record.

I know a medic who was able to get his national registry and employment despite having a felony record for arson. It surprised me, but he made it past that.

You just need to work a different angle, that's all. Good luck!!!!
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali