CanuckInUSA

Why do some people not flush?

That just reminded me! I'm all about lining the seat as long as the person cleans it up afterwards. I walked into a bathroom once and it looked like the toilet had been gift wrapped!! :P (I held it that day....just too much effort!) :D
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Maybe they are afraid to touch the handle that flushes the toilet, for fear of catching something from someone who just touched themselves and then the handle. Another cause of this phenomenon could be that they know that flushing a toilet can throw toilet-bowl contents almost twenty feet through the air. They may be afraid of some random persons bodily fluids contaminating their person. Remember most public "johns" do not have lids.
Just a little food for thought. If this is a problem at home, I really have no answer for that bad habit.

What kills me is that I have seen people come into the bathroom, wash their hands, THEN do their thing, and leave. WTF's the point? I thought I was weird 'cause I open the door with the paper towel I dried my hands with.

The only thing that I can think of is that they dont want to touch that nasty thing. I NEVER flush ANYTHING with my hands. I always use my foot. And I always use an ass gasket, either a production model or a homemade TP one. Some might get irritated that I use my foot, but if they washed their nasty ass hands, it wouldn't be an issue.

Here's another note. Most people wash thier hands AFTER holding their Jewel of the Nile, but thats only half the protection that you are giving yourself.

Ok, I know where my dick has been...but I have no idea where my hands have been. Since most out there are germ ridden nasty ass pigs...I will most likely touch something that some guy did just after he took a mountain shit in the local 7-11, ya know, the kind that looks like it was ran through a drywall sprayer.

So here is what I do, wash hands, pee or (insert bodily function here), flush with foot, expend paper towels and leave hanging, wash hands and leave water running, wipe hands with towels, turn off water, and open door with same towel, toss towel on floor behind door. Done.

Yeah, some might say I have a touch of OCD, and thats ok. At least my hands dont have someone elses shit or piss on them.

PS. did you know the average person touches thier face 40 time an hour without even realizing it? Mmmmm.... all those fecal coliforms on your lips......

i agree brad.....i don't really care that people flush or not....that's not the hygenic issue. everytime i'm at the dropzone and there is another dude in the bathroom and they finish before me, i am surprised at the percentage of non washers. i'd say 3/4 of the pigs don't wash. and these are the same fuckers that we all slap hands in the plane before exiting. HOW GREAT. HAVE A GOOD JUMP AND THANKS FOR YOUR DICK ON MY HANDS.

edited to add.....wash up boys, you know who you are.