CanuckInUSA

Why do some people not flush?

Why do some people not flush?

I was just in the "Mens" bathroom here at work and was greeted with a urinal full of this yellow stinky liquid and it prompted me to think "Who's the moron who decided to not flush"? Did they forget, or are they so proud of their bodily functions that the wanted to share it with the next guy. And is this a "Mens" only phenomenon, or does the same problem exist in the "Womens" bathroom.

Go to a large sporting venue or a bar and all it takes is for one person not to flush, and it sets off this vicious cycle where nobody flushes. And the next thing you know, while originally there wasn't a problem with the toilet, now all of a sudden there is a problem, and some poor bloke is going to have to deal with it.

Come on people ... there are better ways to conserve water. Flush the damn toilet will you.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I don't know. That drives me nuts at work as well. I don't know why they think it's OK. You would think that people who have medical training would know better.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You know, I ask my cat that same question all the time. "Why don't you Flush? He always jumps out of the box, scratches the floor a little, looks back and says to himself, "Hmm, still there!?! Oh well." and walks off. :S
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Yeah good point and another thing too, why do people seem to pee everywhere but in the actual toilet?

because the target is too small! :S
I dunno either. Its not hard people, point, aim, pee.
done.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

You know, I ask my cat that same question all the time. "Why don't you Flush? He always jumps out of the box, scratches the floor a little, looks back and says to himself, "Hmm, still there!?! Oh well." and walks off. :S

Did your cat manage to drag their ass across the carpet on the way out? Mine did that one day. :S I guess she needed a little bum-wad.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I also want to know...why some people dont brush their teeth! yuck!

Once at one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants, one of the waiters greeted me and my friends with a biiiiig smile. It was clear he hadn't brushed his teeth in a very long time - his teeth were so gunked up you couldn't differentiate one tooth from the other. :S I never ate there again. >:(
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Yeah good point and another thing too, why do people seem to pee everywhere but in the actual toilet?

This irks me.

Note for anyone coming to my house:

If you ever are a guest
I have but one request
When you pee, be neat,
Just sit on the seat
You save yourself quite a mess.

Now I know, occassionally the flow decides to come out sideways. And you never know when this will happen.

Why, when it is clearly NOT a urinal, do you have to stand?

Living in my home, before my son was born, I was a man in a house with three chicks. Knowing the propensity for splatter and sideways shots (having to twist my body to get the aim right) I decided it was easier to just sit to pee. Just because I can stand does not mean I have to.

This has done a couple of things. I no longer have to clean a mess if I miss or splatter, I never miss, and I never leave the seat up.

My daughters and wife have never had to deal with it.

When my son was born I trained him with this mentality.

Now occasionally we go out and write our names in the snow because we can. It is cool, we are guys and why not do it? We will use unrinals if one is available.

But we always sit on the toilet, for common courtesy to the ladies.

OMG, Steve! I can't believe you posted this. This is something that happens to me every morning, going into the women's restroom here at work. The building I'm in has very few females, I can count how many on one hand. Every morning, I'm one of the first females to get to work, and I head straight to the bathroom. Every f**king morning, the seat is up, and there is pee in the toilet that hasn't been flushed. Plus, a few little hairs on the ceramic part. I'm so ready to write a note above the toiet saying

THIS IS THE WOMEN'S RESTROOM, if you must use it, flush and put the god damn seat back down.

You think they would get the hint?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

My cat does the same thing but occasionally she is technically inside the box, but her butt is hanging over the outside edge!! Drives me nuts.

I inspect about 10 - 20 houses a week and you would be surprised at how many people don't flush the toilets in their own house. It seems to be more prominent in the poorer neighborhoods. Maybe it has something to do with conserving water.

Big Ed

The only thing worse than a guy that misses and doesn't clean it up, or repeatedly leaves the seat up is this:

A woman in a public bathroom that decides it is too nasty to sit. I call it "hover control". You hold yourself over the commode to pee. No problem. However if you think guys have occasional multi-directional pee, a woman can beat it every time. What gets me is you would be AMAZED at how many females don't lift the seat when they do this. Then leave their pee all over the seat!!

So even if I decide to use the hover control method of surviving a nasty public bathroom, I have to touch the pee loaded seat to lift it out of the way.

I think it goes something like this...

after being potty trained... the bathroom and your habits in it tend to be unknown to everyone but you. Years of bad habits through childhood, adolecence and so on tend to follow people to into the work enviroment.
Have you noticed that the worst cases tend to be in the "private" bathrooms at work?
At my work in the small bathrooms I have found:

The toliet running because someone broke the handle - I fixed it and checked to see if anyone had reported it -no of course not >:(

Toliet paper strewn about like christmas decoration.

Evidence of what could only be decribed as explosive diareha. :S

Floaters - damn... flush till its gone people!

Standing puddles of urine next to the toilet. [:/]

The ever so common urine splattered seat. :|

I don't get people. You think you work with professional adults and the bathrooms always look worse than a junior high toilet.
Lazy? Stupid? Inbred? God only knows why people do the things they do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

Oh! And I want to know, is it so hard to wash your hands after??? Seriously, that just makes me cringe to see someone exit a bathroom stall without washing their hands. Especially in a restauarant. I watched a woman today leaving the bathroom who used that antibacterial stuff, you know that stuff with alcohol in it, you just rub it in your hands, no water necessary? Well, I always thought it would be good to start with CLEAN hands, unless you couldn't get to soap and water. But WHY walk past a funcitonal sink without hitting it? That one always gets to me...
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali