Cinders

Different goggles?

I like my Flex-Z's... they aint popular, but they wont break!

That being said, I do have some new liquid eyewear glasses that I plan on jumping. Far better than my gatorz
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I simply jump with my M-Frames and a brainstrap attached to them. Its annoying having to deal with the eye boogers that get on them, but whatever. Next will be jumping wearing a pair of froggers.
Not one shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

kroops

I've got a few from the 90's...the straps wear out with age.. $0.49 each to fix at jo-ann fabrics for some new elastic. Brings them back to like new.

Bungee cord works too...then ya can stay out of Jo-ann fabrics and shop home depot! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have a pair of Gatorz Wraptors that I wear everyday and for jumping. I think I paid about $140 for them.

They're aluminum and easily bent to fit your face. I have kind of a big nose and it's difficult to find glasses to form a good seal on me .. but these seem to do a great job keeping the wind out, even when I'm flailing around trying to sit.

Also, someone stepped on them once, bent them to shit and popped both lenses out. I reshaped them on a fence post and put the lenses back in and have not had any problems with them.

I'll post a review when I get them this Friday but I just ordered a pair of 7eye (http://www.7eye.com) glasses. I wear contacts and have to pretty much keep all the air out of my eyes as they are very sensitive. Although 7eye's line of glasses are for motorcyclists, this company actually does all their product testing with skydivers first and come with good reviews. Haven't seen much on the forums about them but got a steal of a deal on them! Might be worth checking out, looks like very good quality and the ability to wear them out and about on the DZ as well!

You'll never find me Jew gold!

So I jumped my new 7eye Bali AirShield sunglasses and let me tell you, well worth the $$$! They provide the fit of a nice pair of shades without being smashed into your face while providing the protection of a pair of fully sealed goggles. That is because the foam padding provides a 100% seal from the outside air. With high quality optical lenses (I bought the photochromatic ones that change as the light changes) you can see the world clearly without the typical distortion of cheap plastic lenses. Plus, I can pull off the padding to wash it AND it turns your shades into something you can wear out after a day of jumping without looking like a fool. Highly recommend this brand if you're looking for high quality skydiving glasses that prevent all air from entering. Also, if you are in the fire/ems service, are a military or DoD employee, or most other outdoor/service industries you can get a 60% discount on this brand!

So I jumped my new 7eye Bali AirShield sunglasses and let me tell you, well worth the $$$! They provide the fit of a nice pair of shades without being smashed into your face while providing the protection of a pair of fully sealed goggles. That is because the foam padding provides a 100% seal from the outside air. With high quality optical lenses (I bought the photochromatic ones that change as the light changes) you can see the world clearly without the typical distortion of cheap plastic lenses. Plus, I can pull off the padding to wash it AND it turns your shades into something you can wear out after a day of jumping without looking like a fool. Highly recommend this brand if you're looking for high quality skydiving glasses that prevent all air from entering. Also, if you are in the fire/ems service, are a military or DoD employee, or most other outdoor/service industries you can get a 60% discount on this brand!

One thing to take note of, the light to dark lenses don't work well much above the low 80 degrees range.

Also, they have the ability to get dark as shit in sub-freezing temps.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Thats another reason that I returned my LTDs... actually, those were the two biggest ones.

Also, they state that the lenses wont work (well) inside of a vehicle (your windows block much of the UV's that they use to activate)

Interesting points, I'll have to check them out during those situations. I'm not so much worried about the not darkening in the day, but it would suck on a low light cold winter day to be really dark. I think the low range is 18% transmission so I can't imagine it would be that horribly dark. I'll definitely be aware of that though, thanks!