Viking

All you motorcycle people. What did you start riding on?

Yamaha YZ80 - age 10

My Favorite bike since then was a Honda CBR 600 F2. That thing rocked. I was on it the 1st time I ever went over 150 mph.

Thinking of buying something?
Have Fun! Bikes are as addictive as skydiving and a lot more dangerous.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

well lets see....
81 yamaha maxim 650
89 ninja 600
93 gsxr1100
97 honda cbr1100xx
99 harley softail custom
97 suzuki tl1000s
86 gsxr1100
99 ducati 996
02 honda rc51

in that order but some of them (3 max) were all in the garage at one time.

My favorite? 99 ducati 996 followed closely by the 97 TL1000s Fastest? 97 Cbr 1100xx followed closely by the 86 Gixxer believe it or not that thing was scary fast for being almost 20 years old.
"GOT LEAD?"

Started on a 1977 Honda CB400-F SuperSport

Moved up to a BMW R90S (imported from Germany - High compression Engine).

Went back to Honda with a CB900-F SuperSport.

I have been bikeless now for about 8 years.

Am looking for new ride.

Either CBR1000RR or RC51
Lou

I got an RC-51 you can buy!:P I hate the thing after riding my duc. And yes this is "the FATGUY" riding all of these. I had people tell me I had no buisness riding these at my size. The pic of the yellow Duc was me at about 375lbs and 330lbs on the RC-51. No buisness skydiving either, but I say to hell with them all!:P
"GOT LEAD?"

Guys? Are us gals allowed to answer?;)
Started off-road on Suziki RM250's and some enduro on my old Honda CRX500, but when I got older I discovered I liked Fat Boys better.
My last one is a taco (I was T-Boned) but I'm still here to gripe about it. Eyeing a Heritage Softtail Classic now since that's basically what I turned the FatBoy into.
Maybe.
The kids'll kill me if they even find out I'm *thinking* about another one ...
Wendy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used u

2002 GSXR 750......sold her and now I am looking for something else. I rode the 600RR and it was a sick bike. I think that in black will be my toy for the next few seasons.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

1980 thomas moped.. no really i did.. got it when i was 14 and even got a liscence for it.. got stoped onece because the local cop in town had never seen a moped liscenplate...... when i got my first "real" bike (okay don't laugh it worked great foor me .. was a 1999 kawisaki ninja...ex250r... yes 250cc's.. so it got me scooting at 115 on the autobahn in germany with the trtle wide open..... had to sell it hough when i had my back surgery a couple years ago... want to get another though.. in the 600cc class... not sure what kind though right now....

A 3.5 hp Briggs-powered mini-bike. Screwed around with some 175- 450 dirt bikes just a little. First REAL bike was a 440 Kawi, that lasted about a week before it blew up. Didn't ride for a realy long time until I purchased my Sportster new in '99. Still own it.

Easy Does It

I own a '96 GS500. I am 6'2" and weigh 250lbs, its a tad small but I can out accelerate almost any car I want. (I think it has a 13-14sec 1/4 mile) The engine revs alot on the highway, doing 70mph the tach is sitting at 6,000rpm. But I have easily gotten into triple digits. They are great bikes, and can be found for around $1500 with low miles. The only big difference between the Ninja500 and the GS500 is that the Ninja500 has farrings and a radiator whereas only the '04 GS500s have farrings and no radiator. (but for a first bike try not to get something with brand new shiny fairings) for more info on the GS500 check out www.gstwins.com

I started out on a Honda Z-50 when I was 8. Since then I've had several Suzukis and a couple Yamaha IT's for woods racing. Now I ride a '97 RM 125 thats built to the GodsB| The only street bikes I've had were a '75 KZ900 Kawasaki and a 87 Yamaha V-Max (very fast)! Street riding is just too dangerous anymore. :S

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Here are some photos of my bike on the day I brought her home.:) Yeah I know about the shorts and t-shirt. I always ride with leathers now, but it was 104 degrees out.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I got an RC-51 you can buy!:P I hate the thing after riding my duc. And yes this is "the FATGUY" riding all of these. I had people tell me I had no buisness riding these at my size. The pic of the yellow Duc was me at about 375lbs and 330lbs on the RC-51. No buisness skydiving either, but I say to hell with them all!:P

Actually I was scraping footpeg during this picture...not easy to do on a Duc.
"GOT LEAD?"

Yeah I know about the shorts and t-shirt.

*L* It's okay, it's in keeping with a joke I heard in the northeast about the dichotomy of sportbike riders and cruisers (read: Harley owners) --- You'll see a sportbike rider in tee-shirt, shorts and sandals, but with a $500 helmet on his head. Whereas, you'll see a cruiser with over $500 worth of leather all over their body, but have an ashtray for a helmet. :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!