vonSanta

Explain your sig file thread

Fat isn't skinny, stupid isn't smart, and slow is definitely not fast.

When I was learning 4-way, our instructor told us that we had to be stable before transitioning to the next point.

If we made some wild turn and pounced on the grip, then the whole thing would wobble. We then had to wait until going to the next point. If we went slower, we didn't transition any momentum into it and we actually did more points.

As a newbie, "slow was fast" until we learned how to turn, then do a counter-knee-turn quickly to bleed momentum. Then "fast was fast". B|

Umm.....Blue skies means I wish Blue skies for the reader.......

WrongWay is my nickname given to me way back in the day of my student jumps.....

And http://www.skydivewrongway.com is my website......

I think the rest is pretty self explanatory. ;) Soon I should (hopefully, *cross your F*CKING FINGERS for me*) be adding another thingie on to my sig line.....*hint hint* ;););)

Edited cuz I'm stupid.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Gin Blossoms Whitewash. Pretty much the way I would prefer the last 5 years, whitewashed.

i know how you feel....

the line is holly's colors

the rest changes with the moons but its was an Audioslave song that just fits my mood faaaaaar to well....

now its something else....;)

I'm thinking it's relating to Viking's rather 'extensive' arch...yeah??

Yeas, it is a rather "extensive" arch... it jusat looks likes a training photo from 1974??? I didn't think he was that old?

B|

LOL i'm not that old smartass I'm 23, that pic was taken in 2001.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Fan of Einstein and perhaps his most dead-on accurate assertion.

Oooh...here's an opportunity to give a clue about my sig line. According to the same source as my sig line, Albert Einstein has had someone touch his butthole, along with Isaac Newton and Abraham Lincoln.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Oh yeah, its invisible so you have to click and highlite below . If you like it compliment Jazzjumper!

[http://www.jamescarsten.net/skydivepics/Banana-4-way.wmv

It's not invisible, it's subliminal!

too bad you can't make it clicky and subliminal
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Mine is from a Moby song off of Everything is Wrong, I think. It reminds me of my first jump, AFF, out the door of a Cessna, finally off the hill looking at the ground and my two instructors, performing all my duties. And the one thought running through my head was that we were tiny up here, everything was so big, it was almost absurd and alien, we didn't belong so small and cold 2 miles above the surface of the earth all by ourselves.

Now it kinda makes me think of a solo jump where I'm just tracking and knowing I'm hauling ass all by myself up there...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Fat isn't skinny, stupid isn't smart, and slow is definitely not fast.

. . .
If we made some wild turn and pounced on the grip, then the whole thing would wobble. etc etc etc

Goofball, that's not 'fast', that's clumsy and out of control. But there's a difference and the cliche is way overused. We'd be better served to not spew the cliche and just teach the truth, be clean and smooth.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ripped it off - I think it's pretty obvious from where.

It's from the one where Homer joins Lollapalooza. He's on stage talking to Billy Corgan. Conversation goes something like this:

Billy: "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
Homer: "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Matt
-----

After an 'incident', I changed my cell phone so that it said "Think" when I turned it on. It serves as a reminder to me to think before I get into something and when things invetiably go wrong, to think my way out of it.

I think that sometimes take it the wrong way, that I am telling them to think, kind of an insult. It isn't. It is just my personal 'mantra'.

Derek

Fan of Einstein and perhaps his most dead-on accurate assertion.

Oooh...here's an opportunity to give a clue about my sig line. According to the same source as my sig line, Albert Einstein has had someone touch his butthole, along with Isaac Newton and Abraham Lincoln.

I'm gonna guess that it's a headline from The Onion.
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"