pchapman

slink covers - terminology?

I'm trying to figure out the proper terminology for types of soft link covers.

PD has the black "slink hats" that they officially call Slink Riser Covers (SRC's). They have the tabs to the sides that keep the slider at the hats instread of going down the risers.

But there there are also the narrower, typically white covers that pass through the hole in the middle of the assembled slink, and go upward. They protect the bottom of the lines from wear, where they connect to the slinks. I'm not even sure where factory built ones are available.

What are they properly called?

I'm trying to figure out the proper terminology for types of soft link covers.

PD has the black "slink hats" that they officially call Slink Riser Covers (SRC's). They have the tabs to the sides that keep the slider at the hats instread of going down the risers.

But there there are also the narrower, typically white covers that pass through the hole in the middle of the assembled slink, and go upward. They protect the bottom of the lines from wear, where they connect to the slinks. I'm not even sure where factory built ones are available.

What are they properly called?

I would like to get some like that, as the PD hats don't work on wide risers.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

the black hat make the slider to high, just get a clear plastic tube, you can get a DZ shop or go to home depot and buy the tube and cut to size cheaper if you need to make few
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

Precision makes those skinny, white link covers.
They will not prevent the slider from descending below the links.
Rather, their primary function is to prevent links from wandering too far around metal Maillon Rapide links.
In a worst-case scenario, one line might slide below the barrel, making it shorter than the rest and at risk of being cut by a sharp edge on the barrel.

Old-school riggers used to do the same thing with a turn of wimpy cotton, seal thread.