chaoskitty

I LOVE my DZ!!!

Jumped at two dropzones. Atmosphere at both very different but both are great places to go. Both have their plus and minuses but both have great people.

AerOhio and Skydive Greene County.

Love them both. :D

Love em, love em love em.

Even if I have to still deal with Phreezone . . .:P:):ph34r:

Hey I'll agree with you!!

After being to 3 DZs in New England Jumptown kicks total ass! They have the vibe and welcome with open arms. I did my last of 3 tandems there and had the best time - I felt at home immediately and was so ecstatic when stuff was actually explained to me! Understanding stuff is so good! :P

Jen
Arianna Frances

The way things are going . . . the next time we jump together will be after I have had an hour of tunnel time and hopefully jumped with Bytch, Skymama, bendywendy, and a few others.:D Maybe.

Then you may not need to go head down to keep up with my fat ass.;)B|:D

The Ranch in NY. My home DZ and a great all around place. I am just finished AFF and working on my A. From day one everyone has been nice to me.

I was up there two weeks ago and spent all my $$ on my canopy. A guy I only realy know to say hello and chat with a little offered me a jump ticket when he heard I spent all my money on a canopy. (I couldn't jump because I an not current and no instructor was around for the refresher class.) He told me it would be a shame to finally have my own rig and not be able to jump it.

I will try a few DZ around NYC this summer; but, the Ranch will always be home. I just get a warm friendly feeling there.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

My vote goes to Skydive Atlanta... It's my home DZ....

People are great! Management is safety-conscious and accommodating.

With that said, I am a customer of multiple DZs and have no complaints about the places I've been to... but it sure is GOOD TO BE HOME!

Thanks Tim & Trey !
Cheers
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Skydive Goshen: Paula and Bo are the coolest people.

Skydive Fort Wayne: AJ once put a plane up when I was the only one that showed up on a weekday afternoon(I was a SL student and he had to call in a jumpmaster).

Skydive America: The vibe was cool and it was the sort of place you could crash at the entire weekend, leave the world behind.

Skydive South Beach: Very cool people, great vibe, they just need to finish getting the old SD America bunkhouse so you can crash at the DZ for the entire weekend and leave the world behind B|

I like Skydive Snohomish where I jump here in Washington...small and friendly and I NEVER have to look far to get some experienced peep's take on my jumps or advice.

I started jumping again last March 16 at Snohomish after no jumping for 22 years. I do love Snohomish and I jump there frequently due to its being very close to my home. It really does have a very good vibe. I dearly love my Seattle Skydivers Club that jumps there as it has for a VERY LONG time.. the 50th anniversary is this year.
The only downside is the amount of people who want to be part of the vibe.. and the amount of lift capacity. I have taken a few experienced jumpers there and the East Field thing for people with less than D licenses is also a turn off for some people.

I also jump at Kapowsin and its a great place to jump. The airplanes are first rate and FAST... the experience level of the jumpers is phenomenal... and the family atmosphere is wonderful.

The downside( isn't there always a downside) is the nasty neighbor next door that makes life miserable for people with his incessant antics:(. Weather permitting with clear skies its one of the best places I have been.

Lost Prairie in Montana has GOT TO GET a mention. The people WONDERFUL.... the scenery BEAUTIFUL...
The landings FAST and for one week a year the BOOGIE just freaking rocks as it has for 37 years.
The downside... if you like creature comforts... you better drive your own because its strictly camping with the closest resort 6 miles away...its in the BOONIES.. and one of the attractions are the jumps and the party at the Lang Creek Brewery.. Americas Most Remote Brewry. BUT DAYUM that is some good beer. The Parties are EPIC and oh we did some skydiving too:)
The people at Byron are some of the kewlest people I know and their little 3 day boogie in Sept is a MUST attend. The downside you have to jump at the same place as Deuce and a whole bunch of other DZ.Com PW;)

The people at Moss Point where I just went for the Mardi Gras Boogie are some of the best down ta home folks I have met in a long time... the vibe is super the DZO Mike Igo has taste and class and the cleanest dayun bathrooms I have ever seen on a DZ. The home DZ of my Pink Mafia Sisters MUST be experienced. The downside.. Man there was a lot of MUD..

Now for a world class DZ, Betsy and the people at ELoy are truly something special. They welcomed all of us DZ.COM types for the Holiday Boogie and I dont think I have a downside for the DZ that I can think of. The Airplane selection of 2 skyvans and several Otters.. the KingAir....etc is exceptional ( I am a sucker for DC-3 jumps).. the staff is the epitome of professionalism and just has no equal I have seen in my short 1 year treck thru this new world of skydiving in the 21st century.

For those of you who get to jump at these OTHER favorite places of mine I have found we are blessed with good people... good airplanes... and facilities that allow us to participate in this wonderful sport.

-Aggieland was too cool for school. Next time, Joe wil hafta come with me. I can't wait to party jump in Texas again!! >:(>:(

I hope to find some time this summer to jump at Aggieland! I have jumped at Skydive San Marcos, and loved it! That was last summer though.. soooo long ago! I can't wait to jump in Texas again too! :)

Time for some European input!

Home DZ - Netheravon UK, excellent. Great bacon sandwiches and loads of cool people. And the view in the summer is outstanding...

Cyprus (CCSPC) makes up for the piston islander (well was in 2001) by having some of the friendlies instructors and riggers I have met

RAPA - Germany, how chilled out can one DZ be and still be completely switched on and safe?! Great place.

I DO have to mention Eloy too though - only been there once, for the New Year boogie but how well is that place organised? Awesome.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Well Skydive Chicago is one of the best DZs I've ever seen. I've worked at more than a few and yes, I used to work full time at SDC as a packer and as a pilot.

The facilities (hangar, packing area, lounge, deli, training rooms, AFP student rooms) are just great. The swimming/fishing pond are such a nice thing to have. Now they have built a cabana on one of the decks for surving food and drinks. It's a nice touch to all the great food we get from Chef Tim. I can't talk this guy up enough. He's cooks really great food and charges way beyond reasonable prices for it. There's nothing like making 5-6 jumps a day without much effort, hitting a shower, then kicking back watching the sun set with a beer in hand hanging with my friends eating great food.

Oh yah, and they have two of the best maintained Twin Otters I've ever seen. They do more engine work to keep them well tuned than most places I've been to. They are serious about their student gear and keeping everything tip top. They have employees that kick ass and make every student feel welcome. I believe their retention rate (coming back for second tandem and going into AFP transition class) is one of the highest in the country which says you can do high numbers AND give personalized service.

They offer Load Organizing from highest experience to just off of student status. There is something for everyone. SDC has seminars many times a year and it's a great place to get information from industry leaders. Pick a weekend (or week) and come out. There's always something going on. Highlights of the season are Spring Expo, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, and SummerFest.

Yah, I may sound like an advertisement for the DZ but how can I not be proud to be a part of this DZ? If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have worked there. Plain and simple.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Lovin' it at Lodi...:)
Shawn

Ah Shawny, I missed ya then!! I didn't know that you jumped at Lodi! [:/]

I was there the day before yesterday...gettin' a Friday jump in before I had to head out to Sac Airport and get home.

Bummer, would have liked to say 'hi'...[:/]

Oh, and I LOVE the classic poster on the wall of Wile E. Coyote skydiving!!! The big 'ACME' caught my eye right away and I took pictures of it. I'm gonna try to find it on the web to buy. I saw Ed there, and a guy named Jeff, and Will jumped with me...and names escape me for everyone else right now...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Perris has been my home DZ since the late seventies. It still is too and it's gone through some remarkable changes to become what it is today. And I still find that it's a fun and welcoming place to jump and hang out with friends.

And now that I've got my own rig, I've been getting out to Taft and Elsinore as well. Both places are wonderful, with the friendliest people. This winter $14 jumps from Mike Mullins' King Air has been an incredible deal. The Taft regulars and a steady stream of visitors from around the world have made this small DZ a special place. The new Elsinore is wonderful too, a complete 180 turn from the old place I remember from long ago. I've never seen ANY place so openly and completely dedicated to developing their new & lowtime jumpers. Having "only" two Otters actually makes for a less hectic pace, there's not always someone screaming at you to get packed for a 10 min. call right after you get down, which can happen when there are 3 or 4 planes running. The scenery, with those mountains and the lake are just beautiful too.

Dropzones are just like anywhere else, it's the people who make them as wonderful or as awful as they want them to be.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Clay,

in the two (?) years that we shared skydiving at SDA, I don't think she ever became aware of your existence...Of course, that seems to be your general fate with women!

/Matthias

P.S.: But then, what else would you expect of a dude that considers "Rolling Rock" beer? Do you also consider a hand-shake sexual intercourse...?

>Even if I have to still deal with Phreezone . . .

I know your fall rate now and I'm not afraid to go head down to fly with you :D Lets hope the weather gets nice fast here!

1st of all, since when could you fly on your head?? :D

2nd, you'll have to take off your BM suit....;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.