Kid_Icarus

saying "Fir$t" = Beer? What's the deal?

"and you will learn......only take half the shit i say seriously and the other half you have to decide if its serious. "

I was just playin DaGimp. I don't take much seriously, except jumping. Thanks for all the imput!;)

Gimp is a jerk. Do you need me to slap him around. Oh wait, he likes that. I'll make him watch me slap you around. That will really upset him.

Welcome, and hope you are enjoying yourself at your DZ.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Actually I see the real problem with it as being the equating of socializing with drinking. Cant have one without the other.

A guy on my/his first raft jump does not drink. He bought cokes.

I drink alchohol (bourbon), I rarely drink beer. If you see me at our dz bar (beer only), I'll have a diet coke and will buy you one. My coach quit drinking completely.

You could split the beer/socializing thing, but it would just be something else for someone else.
I'm sorry you have an issue with this.

I DO hang around and socialize during the day. When the beer starts to flow I hit the road.

I support making good personal choices. I think it is too bad that it is uncomfortable for you.

I dont have any issue with people drinking.
I do occasionally wish I could enjoy a day of skydiving without someone yelling "BEER" at me.

I can only image how tough that is. However, since so many people do not have a problem with it, I can't imagine that everyone in the world will change to make that work.

I would recommend mentioning it to people one at a time. People will respect your wishes. The number will lessen.

However, since so many people do not have a problem with it, I can't imagine that everyone in the world will change to make that work.

Why the hell not??!?
This is me we are talking about , after all! ;)

Fact is I have no expectation whatsoever that it will ever change. Some things just dont change. Period.
I accept that. I dont have to like it or pretend that I think its cool just so I'll fit in with everyone else.
I stopped worrying about fitting in 25 or more years ago.

I just used this thread as an opportunity to vent
about it a bit since it did open the door on the subject B|

PS This stuff kept me away from the sport for a long time. i knew when I returned I'd have to deal with it.
I decided that if I have to deal with the beer, then everyone else would have to deal with my thoughts on the matter B|B|

Beer fines are a way for the whole dz to know and enjoy the fact that you've done something special that day. New to freefall? Beer and congrats... FF1, FS1, more beer and congrats...

Sure there are penal beer fines, but around here they're rarely used. Beer fines are just our way of saying "Hey! I've had a really good day and everyone else should join in with me". B|

(As a personal note, I still owe a case for my FF1 last Sat:$)

and you will learn......only take half the shit i say seriously and the other half you have to decide if its serious.

That goes ditto for me, newbie. Now where's my beer?:P:D:o

:)

I mean ditto for me having to decipheer whether DaGimp is joking. N, I mean ditto for me joking, or no wait. I don't know what the hell I mean.

Oh and just so you know, it is not beer for saying first . It is beer for doing something skydiving related first. First off landing, first two way, first three way, first solo, first Otter, first Super-Otter, first time in 85 degree whether while heading north on a track dive over blue water with three gay fishermen, First time on a track dive in 85 degree whether on a north heading over green water with three gay fishermen, you get the picture.

If you had to by beer just for saying first, then well you would have no money for jumps.

Sorry folks, had to let him know, cuz you people would milk him dry, or would that be tap him dry?:ph34r:

Oh and welcome to the skies!

edited for lost words:S

well for starters bringing back cases of pabst or natural light, will get your ass kicked well not really they probably will get drunk. But I have found that we skydivers on average do have taste buds.... think quality when making that selection

Good beer is warrented for any significant first.. LITE beer is grounds for beer bath.. that whole its free is NOT an excuse..get the good stuff.

I think the LITE BEER exclusionary rule MUST be added to the damn beer rules.

Good beer is warrented for any significant first.. LITE beer is grounds for beer bath.. that whole its free is NOT an excuse..get the good stuff.
------------------------------------------------------------
I must heartly disagree with this.. Any beer that is FREE is GOOD beer! ;) :P
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule