Deuce

Darwin contestant

This is beauty.

Handyman Nailed with His Own Nail Gun

Mon Mar 8, 8:52 AM ET

Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian handyman admitted he was stupid to shoot himself in the head with a nail gun in a misguided prank that left him with a nail lodged in his brain.

Brad Shorten, a father of three from Victoria state, was enjoying a few beers with friends after working on his house when they began joking about industrial accidents.

Shorten, 33, picked up a nail gun that he thought was empty, pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger.

He later said he had turned off the gun's compressor and taken out its nail cartridge but did not realize there was still enough pressure in the gun to fire a nail.

"My mates and I were talking about construction site accidents and taking your eye out with a nail gun, and I foolishly put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger," Shorten told the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper.

"I did a very stupid thing," he said.

The bizarre mishap left him with a 1.25-inch nail counter-sunk through his skull just behind his temple.

Royal Melbourne Hospital neurosurgeons removed the nail in a delicate four-hour operation even though Shorten, who was expected to make a full recovery, had offered to take the nail out with a pair of pliers.

... even though Shorten, who was expected to make a full recovery, had offered to take the nail out with a pair of pliers.

Imagine his dimeanor if he'd actually succeeded in that attempt! How much of his noodle would've been pureed in the attempt. Geez...:S:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

"I did a very stupid thing," he said.

and was about to do another.

even though Shorten, who was expected to make a full recovery, had offered to take the nail out with a pair of pliers.

"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

had offered to take the nail out with a pair of pliers.

:|
I suppose it would leave him with more jump money.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"My mates and I were talking about construction site accidents and taking your eye out with a nail gun, and I foolishly put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger," Shorten told the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper.

he got away pretty lucky... imagine if he had decided to put the gun to his eye :o

MB 3528, RB 1182

Hahahahahaha that's hilarious.

I read about a builder who put his cordless drill in his trousers whilst he was working on a ceiling once. As he reached up the trigger got pressed and his scrod bag wrapped around the drill bit, owwww, he had to put it in reverse to get it back off.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I can just hear the Crocodile Hunter accent. "Oim ebeht teh poo the noil frum moi ed. It's vehrry dahngerous"

:P

I swear I had to read through that a dozen times before I got all of it, JP. Bet Squeek got it on the first try though. :P;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Best one I've heard was the story of "Lawnchair Larry"
He was the guy that flew the lawn chair with weather balloons a few years ago

http://www.markbarry.com/

sadly, he has since committed suicide.

sorry, I can't seem to get the link to work, just go to the site and read it. It;s worth the read.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

I can just hear the Crocodile Hunter accent. "Oim ebeht teh poo the noil frum moi ed. It's vehrry dahngerous"

:P

CLASSIC!!! B|

I went on a 3 week vacation from Sydney to Cairns a few years (uh over a decade) ago. Do you know they have coolies with shoulder straps that hold a WHOLE CASE of beer? Beer that's like 14% alcohol?

I LOVED Oz. I went through the DT's when I got back, but I LOVED it.