texmex

Riser stowage on Infinity's

No one around here knows for sure. Do the risers get stowed on top of or underneath the shoulder flap? I have people telling me both. Thanks to anyone who knows definitively.

Stow them directly on top of the reserve risers and use the risor covers with the tuck tab to hold them in place. Obviously you want to tuck in the Tab.

ALSO make sure to put the risers under the main riser cover that is incorporated into the reserve container side flap,

I had a packer just stowing them in the channel created by the short side flap and not under the secondary riser covers and while doing head down.... the speed and wind managed to dislodge the steering toggle. It is NOT good to see your toggle floating around in front of you as you are getting ready to deploy. After it happened again I watched how he was packing it.. and sure enough he was NOT putting the risers under those nice big flaps.

Use it as designed and you will not have any problems... its a great rig.

I've always had paid packers at boogies that didn't use the flap on the sidewalls of the reserve; which I would think would have been apparent as you can almost always see the toggle.

If I ever see that, I take it back, show them, and the next packjob is on them. If they have a fit, I'll find someone else..
Stay high pull low

I've always had paid packers at boogies that didn't use the flap on the sidewalls of the reserve; which I would think would have been apparent as you can almost always see the toggle.

If I ever see that, I take it back, show them, and the next packjob is on them. If they have a fit, I'll find someone else..

With my type 17 risers.... and their being the same color as the rig they can get them far enough down in there that I cant see them.
Rememberr now.. I have an I 55 with pretty large flaps all around that I use for speed skydiving and they hide quite easily.

That was the pre-second time I ran across the problem.. NOW I check.. you live... you learn... but watching a toggle flaiing around in front of you as you are deploying.... does help you remember in the future.:D:D

I know they go under the riser covers...my question was whether or not they go over the holder flap. I.e the tabs/flaps on the shoulder.

It is not covered in the manual but thanks for the link

Because it is not in the manual, I also asked when I got my first Infinity. Kelly said it was intended to go under both.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It goes under both. Some manufacturers do not use both, but VSE cuts theirs in a way that allows it to go under both allowing maximum protection, but still allowing a smooth clean channel for the risers to leave through.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

It goes under both. Some manufacturers do not use both, but VSE cuts theirs in a way that allows it to go under both allowing maximum protection, but still allowing a smooth clean channel for the risers to leave through.

Wow. I've been jumping Infinity's containers for more than 4 years now and have always put the riser just under the top part of the riser cover. I've never had an issue but it's nice to know that it will be even MORE secure.

Wow. I've been jumping Infinity's containers for more than 4 years now and have always put the riser just under the top part of the riser cover. I've never had an issue but it's nice to know that it will be even MORE secure.

You're both doing it correctly. :)
One of design goals of the Infinity riser covers was no special packing instructions.

I do appreciate the feedback about the owners manual. A new revision is slowly being worked on, and information on securing the risers covers is apparently lacking.

For what it's worth, I always pack my Infinity with the main risers under the tuck tab pocket.
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment