Casch

Shameless Attention Seeker

Wow, you guys are awesome all of you! Such an inspiration. How much fitter do you feel! I’ve recently gone back to the gym 5 days a week after slacking off for the past 6 months and I can really feel the difference. Keep up the great work, you all look so amazing! :)

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

:o sheeee-it!! You guys are freakin incredible. Question. Have you noticed the difference in the way people treat you? . . . so "pleasant" to be around>:(. It really makes one sit back and realize what a stereo-typical prejudiced society we are in. Sorry to get on a soap box, but - some people are just aXXholes.

This is a tough stereotype, but I'm sure it goes both ways. We have some very large people at work, those that are confident and outgoing are smiled at and treated nicely. Those that are bitter and complain and sulky get ignored. How can you say that someone's self image is not just as big a player as the other people's bias??? (which is the chicken and which is the egg?)

Now romantic intention based on appearance is another story and I don't doubt there's a bias there when strangers are involved.

aside - Those are serious weight loss pictures people and even better, it looks like it was done with health and exercise in mind. CONGRATs

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

How can you say that someone's self image is not just as big a player as the other people's bias???

That is absolutely true. . .Like I said earlier, I absolutely know that because I like myself more and am a much happier person, other people treat me differently now. It is all in the attitude. . .my smile and friendliness is radiated out to others. . .my confidence in myself shows in that attitude. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

How can you say that someone's self image is not just as big a player as the other people's bias???

That is absolutely true. . .Like I said earlier, I absolutely know that because I like myself more and am a much happier person, other people treat me differently now. It is all in the attitude. . .my smile and friendliness is radiated out to others. . .my confidence in myself shows in that attitude. . .

I have changed very little..
I was a go-getter and a social butterfly BEFORE I lost the weight..
and I'm the same way now.

The interesting thing to note is not how my friends treat me (which are mostly the same)...but how strangers treat me, which is vastly different.

I did lose one friend in the deal..one of my best friends. She's slightly larger..and as soon as I got smaller than she was, our relationship changed. Those involved comment about her having a problem with me losing weight...*shrug*

But I haven't changed that much...I'm pretty much the way that I always was..

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

This is a tough stereotype, but I'm sure it goes both ways. We have some very large people at work, those that are confident and outgoing are smiled at and treated nicely. Those that are bitter and complain and sulky get ignored.

I agree. I was so unhappy with myself I'm sure I was unapproachable. Shit I used to scare the hell out of little kids and I'm not kidding. Not sure if I ever smiled too much. It does depend on your attitude alot. But there will always be those that will judge you on sight alone.

Ed

In a word...

" Y O W Z A !!!" B|

Bravo! :)
mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

All of you are an inspiration!!! I have been trying to get over that first committment hump in the past week to kick off some weight loss.

Back in college I had gained way more than the "freshman 15" and finally got with the program. I did the Body-for-Life program and lost 30 lbs. I remember how great I felt. Slowly but surely, I have gained the majority of that weight back over the past 5 years and I'm ready to feel that way again.

Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the good work!!:)
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy