Decibel

What's with Heineken?

Not only is it one of the most popular beers at my DZ, it seems that many other skydivers like it.

Personally, I prefer my homebrew... :>

By the way, a Dutch friend of mine assures me that Heineken is the Dutch equivalent to Budweiser... think about that next time you tip back a cold one! :P

Down here in Texas its Shiner Bock, eveyone drinks it (including me, its MMmMmmMMm good) Its a beer local to Texas. So I guess what beer the DZ likes is different everywhere, I mean nobody is perfect we all cant drink Shiner;)

By the way, a Dutch friend of mine assures me that Heineken is the Dutch equivalent to Budweiser... think about that next time you tip back a cold one! :P

Hmm.. that is funny, I am dutch, and I would like to know how many heineken's (real dutch heineken) he has had, and how many budweisers?
It might be as popular in Holland as Budweiser is here, but it DEFINITELY tastes a lot better than Budweiser (of course, that is personal.. but I think a lot of people would agree to that)

Real dutch Heineken tastes nowhere near the Heineken they serve you here...

Iwan

No it's a critical aspect of general skydiving!

Yes, I have been told that it is one of the MOST IMPORTANT aspects of skydiving!
FGF #6
Darcy

Isn't this something for the talk-back forum?

No it's a critical aspect of general skydiving!

Opposing point of view:

I'm a recovering alcoholic and I dont drink.

I DO skydive.

Some of us prefer to not be inundated with the alcohol threads.

If you are going to post about beer, wine, liquor, and getting hammered, thats fine but I dont think its unreasonable to ask that folks be sensitive enough to at least keep them in the proper forum.

This isnt it >:(

The only beer that is allowed at my DZ is LaBatts Blue or Heineken...everything else gets tossed in the dumpster.

Right after everyone drinks it.

I have never seen a "Prissy" Dropzone.
You bring beer - it gets consumed.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I love Heineken, so does my hubby! It goes good off the ribs at play time, and I think it goes well with chocolate-chip cookies. It is a matter of opinion as to what is considered yummy. It is the beer of choice among our friends out here.:)
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

The only beer that is allowed at my DZ is LaBatts Blue or Heineken...everything else gets tossed in the dumpster.

Right after everyone drinks it.

I have never seen a "Prissy" Dropzone.
You bring beer - it gets consumed.

That's what you would think, but I have seen cases of Bud Light get thrown in the dumpster...I guess we are just wierd...
New people learn quick as to what is acceptable

~La La Gang Member #2~

a Dutch friend of mine assures me that Heineken is the Dutch equivalent to Budweiser...

He is right,its thin as piss and tast as the same:ph34r::D

He he.. you guys have obviously only had the export quality Heineken.. ha! You think we ship the good stuff to other countries? I think NOT! :P

i see you come from a country that DOES brew beerB|,now why dont you drink somthing good;) he he

I do my friend.. no worries. Heineken is for when you are thirsty, now if we're talking GOOD beer that's a whole different story.

Anybody ever had Palm? Duvel? Koninck?

Iwan

Ahhhh. You bring back memories. Beer drinking hasn't been the same since I got back from my job in Gouda. I did seven months there for my company in 97. I could use a good triple right now.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Actually I've never figured out why anybody likes this crap. It always tastes skunky to me.

Josh

It tastes much like a dead skunk smells as you drive over it and bit gets through your vents and into the truck.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hey Deci, I vote for your home brew over the heinies but with Dave Hobbs bringing Newcastle brown ale along with Corona,ShinerBock, Dos Equiss Special lager, Guiness, and of course Phil and Debs' Miller Lite there is no reason one must drink all the Heineken.Are you bringing any home brew this weekend? Weather is supposed to ROCK! Dave