kai2k1

Everyone Has A Story.... What's Your's

I have a good one!

Leaving out the gory details,

A few years ago I was dead. I dont mean figuratively.
Dead. On the ground next to my apartment building in a pool of my own blood with a bunch of nasty holes in me.
Breathing? Nope. Heart beating? Not at all.

Now I'm alive. Everything works. No holes. All the blood is on the inside.

B|

Howzat for cool?

Level 3 PSIA exam (ski instruction). Its the top level of certification. 3 days. bunch of money. years of training.

I fell in the lift line right in front of the examiner.

Out of 17 people who passed the written and earned the privilage to try out on snow, Im the only one who passed.

yay for me.

im sitting in dennys with a couple girlfriends at like 3am on a saturday night, when this crazy tall guy walks in with a leopard print fur coat, a big pimp hat with a white feather in it, and a pink boa. hes got like 6 really good looking women with him, and he sits in a booth by the door. this lil old lady that was waitressing whacked him upside his head and told him "NO SMOKING!" and directed him to the area we were sitting in. so he pulls up a seat with all his bitches (his words, not mine) at the table next to us. he says "whats up ladies" so we turn around and there sits dennis rodman lol. hes DRUNK as hell and starts bitching and moaning about the thousands he pays in child support per month per kid per baby's mama. i think we got his whole life story. all the while these women hes with are trying to rub all over my friends and i. very odd. as we're leaving he asks us to meet him at a local airport the next morning to go with him on a trip to malibu for the weekend. to this day, im not exactly sure why we didnt go.

2 months later he showed up at a club i was at, with a different set of 'bitches' and got kicked out and arrested for tackling some raver guy. strange guy, that dennis rodman. :)
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

My only brush with fame:
I fenced with Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson At Texas Tech U in lubbock in the mid 80's. He hung with the fencing club while the rest of the band played soccer with the team.

Lefty.

He barely beat me in foil. 10-touch/ win by two: The final score was 14-16. Kicked his ass hard in Epee, though. When he lost he claimed he was saving his legs for the concert that night. Whatever. :|
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

WoW...May I ask what happened?!?:S

I was stabbed several times. The wounds opened several arteries. The abrupt drop in blood pressure is what caused me to arrest. I was revived in the ambulance.
Total time dead was believed to be greater than 5 minutes.

No wonder you quit drinkingB|

That event was actually unrelated to my drinking although it did take place during my drinking years.
It was a robbery/mugging and I was not intoxicated on that occasion. Good thing too. Had I been filled with a depressant they might not have been able to revive me.

The motive was a rather strong interest in my wallet.
Unfortunately for the 2 guys that took it, I had about 5 bucks in there.

Actually I suppose I could blame drinking since if it were not for my drinking, my marriage would not have broken up and I would not have been living where I was and consequently I wouldnt have been there that night waiting to get jumped by a couple of shitheads. B|

Now that is a story!...sounds like you beat out all the people that played in "FLATLINERS"...scary...:S
Man, that gives me shivers...::goosebumps::...

~R+R:)

Yeah, except I didnt wind up in strange nightmarish scenes with bizarre people from my childhood trying to beat the shit outta me till I made up to them for my long ago wrongs B|

I guess it would have been ok if Julia Roberts had been there with no shirt on, but I'm glad Keifer Sutherland wasnt there :S

Some years back..

I was on a flight from Hawaii to L.A.
In 1st...sitting next to me is

Lloyd Bridges!

It just so happened
he was also on the cover of
People Magazine which I had a copy of...

I asked politely for an autograph,
telling him I was always a big fan.:$

"Don't tell me", he said,
"Sea Hunt changed your life!"

NO! I answered....:ph34r:

"AIRPLANE!":o

...He was laughing for 5 minutes!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I met AZ Airspeed when I had about 130 jumps. (I know some folks don't care, but it was a really big deal for me, coming from a small DZ, Eagle Flight Skydiving, in TX).

I walked into the Bent Prop one Thursday evening May of 2002, for the very first DZ.com gathering in Eloy.

Well, I was there a day early and I didn't know anyone, to top it off I walked in wearing boots, jeans and a nice looking straw stetson (cowboy hat).

It happened to be taco Thursday, so I walked up, got my tacos and asked a group of people if I could sit down. They said sure and so I sat.

We had a lot of ideal skydiver chit chat. I asked them if this was their home DZ, if they were FFers, etc. They wanted to know about me and if I had really just driven in from TX (I was wearing a TAMU Skydiving Club t-shirt, and I'm sure the hat gave it away), how many jumps I had, etc. These folks were really laid back and very friendly, I felt very welcome.

Well, after a few beers, I walk back out to my truck to sleep (remember I had just driven 18hrs straight from TX), so I laid down in the bed of my truck and was flipping through a magazine I brought with me before dozing off. What was it? It was a Muscle and Fitness, it happened to be the one where Eliana(sp?) had a profile done on her as an extreme sports fitness chick.

It was then, at that moment did I realize who I had been bullshitting with just a while earlier.

I thought that was cool.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Damn dude, you're extremely lucky. Any long term effects? Were the guys caught?

The motive was a rather strong interest in my wallet.
Unfortunately for the 2 guys that took it, I had about 5 bucks in there.

I had a guy try to rob me at an ATM one night. He had a knife. Unfortunately for him, I had a gun. I have mixed feelings about his survival...but at least he's in prison for a long time(he had murdered others he robbed).

Mike

Unlike one of the other LO that post her, that loves to stay up all night. Oh well, I'll just spot her off on a free skydive, and shake the port-a-potty when she's in it again.

WFFC. 2003. Nature called. I answered. Sitting there doin' my business when my whole world starts shaking. I can hear the sloshing of stuff I don't want to think about beneath me. I put my hands on the walls of the porta potty, hanging on for dear life. I think I remember begging whoever it was outside rocking my world to please not tip it all the way over. I hear raucous laughter and the shaking finally stops.

You better believe that after that experience I checked all around me to be sure it was safe everytime I answered nature's call at WFFC.

Yeah. You all think Mary is such a wonderful person. She's not. She's evil I tell you. Evil.

im sitting in dennys with a couple girlfriends at like 3am on a saturday night, when this crazy tall guy walks in with a leopard print fur coat, a big pimp hat with a white feather in it, and a pink boa. hes got like 6 really good looking women with him, and he sits in a booth by the door. this lil old lady that was waitressing whacked him upside his head and told him "NO SMOKING!" and directed him to the area we were sitting in. so he pulls up a seat with all his bitches (his words, not mine) at the table next to us. he says "whats up ladies" so we turn around and there sits dennis rodman lol. hes DRUNK as hell and starts bitching and moaning about the thousands he pays in child support per month per kid per baby's mama. i think we got his whole life story. all the while these women hes with are trying to rub all over my friends and i. very odd. as we're leaving he asks us to meet him at a local airport the next morning to go with him on a trip to malibu for the weekend. to this day, im not exactly sure why we didnt go.

Uh, because he's a wad of shit masquerading as a human being?
Just a thought -- maybe that's why.
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

there sits dennis rodman

My wife & I saw / met him at Orange County Airport (LA)
a few years ago...

I'm buying a coffee and my Honey says to me...
Look over there at that blonde chick!
She's stunning!
Everyone is looking at her...

Oh..you mean Carmen Electra? I asked...

How do you know that's her...

See that 7 foot black guy with purple hair,
tattoos and nose rings...
STANDING NEXT TO HER!?
That's Rodman....so the blonde has to be Carmen!

Oh...wow...my hon says...
Didn't even see HIM!!!! :S

WTF?! [:/]

Dennis came over to the coffee stand...
Saw my Parachute Team jacket and struck up
a conversation....

He's JUMPED!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~