Dougjumper

What's your Favorite Rock-n-Roll Band

Led Zeppelin without a doubt.

The Beatles were sissy's compared to Zep.

The Stones would be next. I am drawn to Bar room blues and rock.

Rip my heart out and stomp on it while you hand me my whiskey.:)
I only wish I could even approach Page as a guitarist.

Alas, I'm doomed to Cougar like abilities.

;)
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Def Leppard!

Em, that's just totally at the moment though. A more serious and well thought-out response would probably be Led Zeppelin, maybe not my favorite as in I ever listen to them anymore, but probably I consider them the best.

Most people on here that have good taste will probably list bands from the past, but I have to say, the Mars Volta rank up there for me. They're very recent in case you haven't heard of them, but they recall the prog-rock sound very dinstinctly and somehow remind me of Yes, without being too derivative.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

ive seen them 11 times now..and honestly i'm sort of over it...they always put on a great show, but never take the risks to make it really exceptional..

i had a friend come down to PHX to see Vapor Trails...pushed her out of an airplane a few times at eloy while she was there...the funny thing was we had to leave early to make the show and she was like "we're leaving?? why!?!?!?"

"well if you want to stay i'm all for it"
"oh..hmm well we did already pay for tickets right?"
"yeah"
"can we come back tomorrow?" :)

No favorites, listen to whatever's on, sometimes I like whats on, other times I don't. Just the way it goes.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

There is absolutely no way I can name one band or one singer. I have favorite rockbands for every emotion. I was just listening to Blue Oyster Cult and Boston. Tomorrow I could be in the mood for Nine Inch Nails or anything Chris Cornell belts out. Who knows. :)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Finally a post I relate to. Aerosmith was, is and always will be my favorite. . .Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, Ronnie James Dio, Sammy Hagar (pre-Van Halen), Van Halen with David Lee Roth. . .

Oops, you asked for my favorite. . .sorry, I got carried away. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

ohhhh i like this thread!!!! led zep of course, stevie ray vaughn (thats rock damn it), allman bros, alice in chains, skynard, van halen (not van hagar) ;)...

>:(how can you pick just one??? lol
you cant leave the who out!! or tom petty, or anything clapton, or jethro tull, or zz top, or the chili peppers...there just cant be ONE greatest, or ONE favorite band.....
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

My band was Sabbath mad men.

We did all the tunes and I played bass.

SHit that was good times. Iron Man, Paranoid, NIB, DAMNIT we had big fun.

Three piece, guitar, bass and drums, we rocked our asses off.

B|

It's gonna be a rock-n-roll weekend.... So get on your bad motor scooter and ride... B|
It's a gas, gas, gas...