Girlfalldown

Kell 'em All

Lars is a money grubbing homo who deserves a cattle prod to the underside of his sack. As does the rest of his new trendy band. They suck. That is all..

They played most of their "old" stuff though.. it was an awesome show.
I don't care if he's a money grubbing guy.. damn those guys make good music, they can have it.

new trendy band.

That's funny...hardly new or trendy in my book. Any successful band is acutely aware of the business end of their work. Metallica is no different. They work and tour their asses off. If the market supports their getting millions...great.

Saw them at the Ice Palace in Tampa in '97...awesome-awesome-awesome...survived the pits on the floor and cracked a rib. B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Key words - they made good music, as in the past tense. Around the time that the black album came out was when they started the downward spiral of all time suckage.

The last good album they put out was "And Justice For All.." How long ago was that?????

I would have been more impressed if you went to an MC Hammer concert. At least he went down in flames, not slowly fading away.

Right ON! I have seen them several times. In '86 I saw them twice in the same summer opening for Ozzy (master of puppets tour) Cliff Burton was a great bassist. He was killed the following year:(

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

The show really was awesome. There was shit blowing up and lots of fire! Machine guns when off, grenades, shit falling from the sky, everything you could ask for including the girl version of TIMMAY! in the middle of the mosh pit in a wheelchair.
We were close enough that Lars could actually spit and hit us.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

The show really was awesome. There was shit blowing up and lots of fire! Machine guns when off, grenades, shit falling from the sky, everything you could ask for including the girl version of TIMMAY! in the middle of the mosh pit in a wheelchair.
We were close enough that Lars could actually spit and hit us.

I do have to admit that their older concerts were the shit. They even went as far as having a Blackhawk flying over the open stadium for the intro to "One" but this was back in the less-sucky days. B|

I do have to admit that their older concerts were the shit. They even went as far as having a Blackhawk flying over the open stadium for the intro to "One" but this was back in the less-sucky days. B|

You can DO IT!!! Just admit, Metallica is a kick ass band, even though you don't appreciate their later stuff, they can still do the old stuff really well!!

For me one of the first albums I heard was the Black Album, I know that is the one you are referring to as "downhill from there" but because of that album I got to appreciate them and bought all the other albums as well.

WHATEVER.. you're just jealous we had a good time at a kick ass concert last night :P

you're just jealous we had a good time at a kick ass concert last night :P

You got me......

Kill 'em all, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All, Ride the Lightning, this was the great stuff. What I meant was IMO, the Black Album was the last good one. It's all crap from there on out. I think Enter Sandman was what brought them mainstream and out of the "Metal" genre. I'm not saying they are a terrible band, well, today they are, but pre-2K was where it was at.

I think the problem was they didn't become Y2K compliant like the rest of the world did...... :D

You got me......

Kill 'em all, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All, Ride the Lightning, this was the great stuff. What I meant was IMO, the Black Album was the last good one. It's all crap from there on out. I think Enter Sandman was what brought them mainstream and out of the "Metal" genre. I'm not saying they are a terrible band, well, today they are, but pre-2K was where it was at.

I think the problem was they didn't become Y2K compliant like the rest of the world did...... :D

I have to agree with you here.. their latest albums were not as good as the earlier ones.. but what the hell, I'll just get stuck in the past and only play stuff up to (and including) the black album.