WrongWay

Where'd your name come from???

Thanatos is from Greek Mythos. The Incarnation of Death. This mythos was greatly expanded/embellished in Incarnations of Immortality series of Books by Piers Anthony.
I started using Thanatos as a Handle in mid 80`s while running Ground Zero (A Commodore based BBS).
The name became more common over the years and almost every site I went to already had a Thanatos registered so I added the "340" to it as that is the engine in my Pro-Street Car.

I lack imagination....[:/] When I was first signing up for dz.com I tried about 10 different names - all taken, and since I was using a very slowwwww dialup connection this took quite a while. So out of frustration I just put in my D' license #.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

BTW.. Love your page... found the link for dz.com there and Its what made me decide to try skydiving

DUDE!!! That's awesome!!!

I feel really cool now, hahahaha!!

Thanks!! I mean, you're welcome!! I mean, thanks!!

;).... If im ever in ohio, I will have to look you up.

But you should think about coming to skydive dalles(after i start jumping that is{just 3 weeks [:/] }) ... plus the weather is a little better in texas :)

*edit... God I hate english

It's my last name and I wanted something I could remember. :P

(obviously I didn't know what kind of postwhore I would become)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

okay..... well i was on student staus at skydive texas in april of 99' and was sitting in this dude cas's trailer and he was givingme shit about being in the airforce and a mechanic so he was calling me wingnut....(he was in the army) so when i needed a email i tried wingnut at hotmail but that was taken so i tried texasiwngut and that worked... well when i first came to dropzone.com i was posting under dave but there was laready aggiedave so i started using wingnut left of the texas part cuz i was living in germany atthe time and wasn't from texas either... and it has stuck.... now when i go to dz's i tell em my name is wingnut cuz there are justto many dave's around....

My name is a reference to my given name (that would be Doug) and my 3 pet prairie dogs. The p-dogs are really cool! They were rescued at birth from a ranch where they were going to be exterminated as pests. I bottle fed them formula until they were old enough to eat solid food. They adore me but attack strangers, which would be funny except they can really bite!

I orginally found dz.com for the classifieds since I was buying my first rig. So I just used my university-assigned computer id name. it was only after i discovered the forums that i wished i had changed it... everyone thinks its short for bitch :S

MB 3528, RB 1182

That's funny, I thought it was short for either "beach" or "beech". I don't know what I thought those meant, but still . . . :D Oh, and . . .

Kel-- first letters of first name
El-- first letters of middle name
01-- year I graduated from college

Mystery solved-- it's been my username for everything since my freshman year of college. :)
Kelly

"craic" is the Irish word for fun and good times. It's pronounced "crack." One of my friends used to call me a "crackhead" because I was so weird and fun. Since I'm not weird and fun because I take crack (or any other drug besides booze), I changed it to "craic"head!

And no, I'm not Irish. Not anywhere near it, in fact. I'm Thai American--both of my parents are Thai, they came to the US in 1968. I was born in Kansas, raised in Tennessee, I live in Chicago, and I'm married to a Canadian! How messed up is that? ;)

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

It's actually a Polish phrase that I picked up along the way, probably from one of my Polish elders. I thought it was kinda nifty, so I kept using it. It's nice, though, since whatever website I'm registering on, I'm pretty sure my name won't be taken already.

Matt
-----

I used to be called Jaybird as a kid because I liked to climb trees. It transferred nicely into my sport as a skydiver. Chuck Blue (SkymonkeyONE) used to call me Pajarito when he was in Spanish Language School with the Army. And there you have it.

I used to be called Jaybird as a kid

Whoa that's fucked up, that's what my parents always called me. :D:D

(My name is Jason and I was obsessed with flying...)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I was found in a trash compactor - I was being raised by a family of sewer rats and a long-haired Afgan wolfhound before DCFS stepped in. After that I was placed in foster care where I was forced to sleep in a bathtub with a dripping faucet and a family with constant explosive diarrea. It was there I was christened "Dumpster". When people would stop by and ask "where did that ugly bastard come from" and the family told them "The Dumpster". In school I was called "The Dumpster Kid" and later it just got shortened to "Dumpster".

- Hey, you asked!!!

Easy Does It

It's wishful thinking, actually. I used to chuckle at people who lived in Canada all summer, then went south - like 'Snowbirds' - in the winter. I used to like winter. Now I want to go south all winter, chase the good weather, jump all year, be a Snowbird like the people I used to laugh at.

My real nickname is just T, but there's already a Tee signed up so it would've been confusing.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein