ecnuob

Cypress maintenance

I'm sure this has been asked before, but search yielded nothing.

10 year old cypress 1, no previous maintenance, only needs an 8 year checkup and a battery to be airworthy right... in other words you dont get dinged for both the 4 and 8 year when send it in?

10 year old cypress 1, no previous maintenance, only needs an 8 year checkup and a battery to be airworthy right... in other words you dont get dinged for both the 4 and 8 year when send it in?

I understand that Airtec (or SSK in the USA) will charge you for both the 4 year AND 8 year, just out of principle. They won't want to offer anyone a reason to skip the 4 year.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I don't think that is true, but YMMV, I got a used cypres 1 that had been in a major injured jumpers rig and sat in the closet from it's 3rd birthday till a month before the 8yr cycle was due, I was only charged for the 8yr and new batt.

FWIW- Cliff Schmucker and most the employees of SSK knew the injured person and they also sold the unit to him, so it was easy to know the truth on the life of the unit and where and when I got it.

I understand that Airtec (or SSK in the USA) will charge you for both the 4 year AND 8 year, just out of principle. They won't want to offer anyone a reason to skip the 4 year.

_Am

In an other thread, that was also my answer. But then somebody else replied that a few years ago, Airtech (or SSK) has changed this. Now it seems that they only charge for the 8 y inspection.

They will only charge you for the 8 year check, I've done this a few times recently. It cost me $251.00 shipped to me + whatever shipping to them.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

_Am

Where did you get this understanding?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

They will only charge you for the 8 year check, I've done this a few times recently. It cost me $251.00 shipped to me + whatever shipping to them.

Sere is absolutely right. I just got one back and then sent another off today. I think mine was $256. My shipping must have been a couple bucks higher.

I left sport for a while and now that I'm back, I missed the 4yr and 8 yr.
Ryder
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5