Kramer

Weight Lifting Supplement Question

Maybe some of you more experienced guys can help me out.

I've been lifting for a few months now. Just recently I started taking creatine to move things along. A friend suggested I take Ripped Fuel too. He said it just makes you completely cut, which is something i don't mind.

My quandry is this:

* Some have told me that Ripped Fuel is basically just a caffine pill.
* Others have also told me that taking Ripped Fuel with Creatine negates the effect of both.

Anyone have any pros/cons they might share for adding Ripped Fuel to my workout? Thanks.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

All I know is that some products are ephedrien (sp:o) based which makes my heart race, seeing how I have heart problems a product that makes it race can be dangerous. The products I have seen that dont have ephedrien (sp) in them are caffeine based and made my hyper. I too am looking for a new product because I stopped using Creatine. Creatine seemed like it was doing a lot for me but a week after I stopped it I noticed a big difference in weight, some said its because creatine makes you hold water and as soon as you get off it you lose all you thought you had. So any advice on any new products would be helpful because I am looking for something new also..

Ripped Fuel (like everything else) used to have Ephedrine in it. The stuff REALLY worked for energy boost, but on the other hand people's hearts were exploding and stuff so the FDA pulled it off the market. I was taking 1/6 (yep, one sixth) what the bottle wanted me to take and it was making my heart dicky, so I quit it. Now that ephedrine is taboo most of the Ripped Fuel, Hydroxycut and stuff like that is mostly caffeine and green tea and other stuff like gensing. They've definitely lost most of their kick, but at least you won't die.

As for the creating and caffiene offsetting each other I can't say for sure. Sounds plausible, since creatine helps you retain water in your muscles, while caffeine dehydrates you? Not sure on this one...

Important thing is to use what works for YOU. Make sure you're getting enough protein supplementation, your diet should provide for 2g protein per kilogram of body weight per day. Other than that, stick to what seems to work for you.

Ripped Fuel may work for you. I know people that have taken it, it is mainly caffiene. All it does is get your heart rate up, thus improving metabolism. That is why you end up with the "cut" effect.

If you are trying to gain mass forget the stuff. There are plenty of other supplements that will help you gain mass. More protien, lift more weight, you will see more gains.

If you just want to tone up, protien, and lots and lots of reps.

Aggiedave can help a lot. PM him.

Josh
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

i wouldnt touch that stuff and the reason is that it is not made to increase musscle it is made to loose weight. you dont look like you need any weight off.

Createn is ok as long as you take it right. Also eat loads of protein, protein shakes, stuff like that. If you want to get big or get ripped you have to not just take suppliments but change your life style. YOu haev to eat right, haev to take the right vitmens properwork out, and all that kind of stuff.

Bottom line it is your choice but in your case i would not use ripedfuel doesnt soud like you need it.

blue skys
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

You wont have a huge amount of sucess trying to bulk (add muscle mass) and lean out at the same time.

The standard practice would be to bulk for a couple months pushing HARD with the weights while getting a lot of protien and carbs (calories) use the creatine during this phase and make sure that you drink a LOT of water.

Next, after a couple months, take a month or so to lean out reducing your caloric intake (keep protien high and reduce the carbs), adding more cardio and you can try the ripped fuel during this phase. Stop using the creatine during this phase.
The idea at this point it to try to retain as much of the muscle you gained as you can while stripping some fat.
If you do this right you can hold most of the muscle but you will not be able to add any during this phase.

This is a VERY simplistic version of my routine. Theres quite a bit more to it than this. I tried to stuff the most basic concepts in here in a couple paragraphs B|

A good sports multi-vitamin as directed, 1000 mg of vitamin C per day.... why not , creatine before and after workouts... sure, any high quality protein suppliment as soon as possible after a workout... deffinately!
Most important... Massive amounts of BHW (Bloody Hard Work). Anything more than that and your starting to spend allot of money that you could be spending on a better diet. Up untill the year before last I was spending over a $1000 a annually on suppliments. And that was nothing compared to some people I know.
Some suppliments work real well. But remember more is not necessarily better.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

If you do take Creatine, make sure and drink lots of water / fluids. As mentioned before it keeps quite a bit of water in your muscle fiber, thus dehydrating the rest of your body.

Stick with having a good diet and eating good food! Dont think that supplements will get you a better or healthier body!
Plenty of water, protien and carbs to keep your exersizes at a high level of intensity are what you you should be striving for!
REST the muscle groups your work sufficently and let them repair, and you get good results. If you are going to take a supplement such as Creatine, plenty of water is a MUST though.
Be FAITHFUL to each workout and mix it up so your muscles dont get used to the same old thing.
Keep your workouts at a high level of intensity, and dont mope through a workout.
Make it fun.;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

From the pictures I've seen of you, you look like you're hard gainer, that basically its hard for you to bulk.

If that's the case, then you want to stay away from any sort of ephedra stack. Not that it negates the effects of things like creatine, it just cranks you up and gets you burning too many calories. You need those calories.

If you're wanting to bulk, here's some tips for the hard gainer.

1. Have a dedicated workout plan/program and stick to it.
2. Square away your diet. Most folks need 1g of protein per lbs of bodyweight, if you're a hardgainer, you'll probably need something like 1.5g-2g. That's hard to do, you have to eat all the time. Break it down to 6 meals, getting around 30g a meal, then suppliment with protein shakes inbetween.

3. Make sure you're sleeping enough, being healthy, etc.

Now, Creatine works, if you want to take it, go get Phosphogain, its a creatine made by EAS, stay the hell away from Nitro Tech. The difference is, the stuff EAS makes fucking works, Nitro Tech is loaded with a TON of sugar, you don't want or need all of those simple carbs.

Good luck, if you've got questions, drop me a line.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Oh, one more thing.

Having a proper diet is so much more important then any supplement you can take. They're called supplements for a reason, they're supposed to supplement an already squared away diet, with the proper protein and complex carb intake!

Last season I went from 205lbs at 14% body fat to 185 lbs at 7% body fat in about 12 weeks using Muscletech's version of Ripped Fuel called Hydroxycut stacking it with creatine. They can work fine with each other if you take them correctly. as said before though, they wont do anything unless your diet is strict and proper. Eating at the right times and eating the right foods make the most difference. I used both the ephedra version of hydroxycut and the nonephedra version, neither one produced any ill effects. The thing with people"s "hearts exploding" so to speak, is that in like 99.9 percent of those cases, the people having medical issues were far exceding the manufactures recommended doses. The only thing supplements do (when taken correctly) is speed up the natural process and in some cases, help people get over that "hump" in fat loss, no pun intended, most people on thier own can't get to that 6-pack becuase their body won't let go of the fat under 10% body fat as easily. The body fights it as a natural defense to being "too thin" in most people, Ripped Feul and hydroxycut just get your body past that "resistance zone" and once you are past it, its pretty easy to maintain fat loss. Anyways, there are a zillion philosophies out there, I just know what worked for me first hand. As for creatine, when i was on it, my bench was 185lbs for 16 reps, and when i would take a week off of it, my reps drop to 12, a 25% decrease in strength, which would recoup once i was back on it. Cardio is the most important thing for fat loss too, you need to become best friends with a treadmill if you want the diet, weight traning and supplements to work.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

my bench was 185lbs for 16 reps

Ok, sorry, but why in the hell were you doing 16 reps?

I guess in my thinking anything over 12 is just cardio and you're not doing anything for yourself, even 12 is high. Most of my warmup sets only have 10 reps in them, then 10, 8, 8 and sometimes a 6.

But I guess If I was only doing 185lbs, I'd have to do 16reps to feel anything.>:(:P:P:P:P

I have taken all that stuff they sell at gym and stores and magazine(s)..
I will never buy them again..they cost too much
and any gains I ever gotten while working out I have always wonder if it was from them.
(even tho I'm way out of shape, again!)
I figure I could buy the proper foods and eat better and exercise regularly without spending,$36 bottle for this stuff.
A good MRP is a good thing, the other stuff.
I have never met anyone that has 6pack ribs, hard body at the gym that uses this stuff!
Hey, it might work for you, tho.
But I don't even wonder about them anymore!
They just cost too much! And..effect liver as well..
something my Dr has suggested for me to stay away from...(different story there)
You do not need them!

Gary Calhoun

16 reps wasnt part of normal workouts....lol. I just used it as a measure for my progress every now and again, like doing a maxing out bench press, I just cant go heavy anymore, bum shoulder, so I rep out on a lighter weight ocassionally instead of maxing out weigh-wise. My max out reps at 185 on creatine was 16, where as off of it, it was only 12.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Thanks for the advice guys, especially you Dave. After reading all of this, it pretty much seems like I should stay away from Ripped Fuel, which is what I wanted to know.

And Dave, yeah I'm a skinny mo-fo. I've gone from 165 to 180 in about 6 months, and hope to get up to 200 eventually. When you're 6'5" and only weigh 165, that's kinda a problem. ;) I'll PM ya or something if I have any more questions.

Thanks again guys.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

I'm leary of most supplement adds. Companies are selling a product and many times a lot of untrue hype is involved. How often do you see a huge body builder bragging about the only way they got that way was the use of a particular product or supplement, when in reality they may have never used it. You see this all the time, whether it's selling exercise equipment or an add for a supplement. And then there is the price factor. You can spend a fortune on supplements, and they may not be very effective in helping you reach the gains you want to make. Stick with a good workout program, healthy food, and get plenty of rest. This will produce results. Also bear in mind that you may not have the genetic potential to get huge or even half as big as some body builders or power lifters, but we can all improve....Steve1

just cant go heavy anymore, bum shoulder

I hear ya, I seperated my right should a few years ago, and its been giving me hell ever since. I went nice and heavy on flat bench yesterday and now today my shoulder is screaming at me. I've changed up my grip and width a bit, which is helping a lot, but I think its just something I'm going to have to live with if I want to lift heavy (and I do).B|

You know whats weird, is on flat bench, too little weight really fuckes with my shoulder, if I'm lifting something moderate, like 225lbs, it feels good, if I'm lifting something lighter it hurts, if I lift around 300lbs, it starts to hurt.

My shoulder is weird.

And Dave, yeah I'm a skinny mo-fo. I've gone from 165 to 180 in about 6 months, and hope to get up to 200 eventually. When you're 6'5" and only weigh 165, that's kinda a problem

Right on! There's a lot of guys that wouldn't have even made it that far, good job! Sounds like you've got a good lifting program and a squared away diet as well.

If you find that you put on too much body fat while in your gain cycle, try backing off your carbs some, also, remember, its a gain cycle, so some body fat is very normal. After you reach a good weight, you can level out your diet and do some cardio to burn some of it down, then gain again, then cut again, taking little steps to get you up to your desired weight and size.

Oh, here's something for some humor: http://www.toonoftheweek.com

just cant go heavy anymore, bum shoulder

I hear ya, I seperated my right should a few years ago, and its been giving me hell ever since. I went nice and heavy on flat bench yesterday and now today my shoulder is screaming at me. I've changed up my grip and width a bit, which is helping a lot, but I think its just something I'm going to have to live with if I want to lift heavy (and I do).B|

You know whats weird, is on flat bench, too little weight really fuckes with my shoulder, if I'm lifting something moderate, like 225lbs, it feels good, if I'm lifting something lighter it hurts, if I lift around 300lbs, it starts to hurt.

My shoulder is weird.

Same issue with me. Seperated the right AC joint a few years ago. On-going pain. 2 surgeries.

One solution thats helped me is while doing flat bench,
when I lower the bar I stop when my upper arms are just below parallel to the floor. I dont touch the bar to my chest. I lower the bar SLOWLY and stop it about 2 inches above my chest and then push back up.
This accomplishes 2 things:

1. Keeps constant tension on the pectoral. This provides a better workout.

2. Doesnt over-stress the joint by taking that upper arms too far past the mid-body while under heavy load.

As long as I do this and am very careful with regard to the form, I can go heavy without suffering.

I always enjoy a couple days of pain after maxing out which is why I dont test my max very often, but short of maxing out, going heavy isnt a problem. The formulas are pretty much on the money in my experience.
I can knock out 10 reps at 260 lbs right now without experiencing any pain and for me, thats something.

Some folks will claim that you have to go all the way down to hit the full range of motion. Thats crap.
Those last couple inches only stress your shoulder joints unnecessarily.

Same here.

I don't really take my arms past 90deg, well, a little past, but I don't go down to my chest anymore either.

*shrug*

Another good way to relieve that shoulder pain is to use overhead dumbell press for Delts rather than a barbell.
Better workout for the rotator cuff too.
I stopped the military press altogether in favor of dumbells.
Not as good for the ego cuz you need to drop the weight a little, but much better for the shoulder B|B|
This one change helped the shoulder pain more than anything else.

I do that as well. I haven't done a true military press in a couple years, although I do seated dumbell press. Not the vaiartion "arnold press" which really torques your shoulders, though.

Tried the Arnold press. That rotation under load causes me pain.

So does vigorously throwing out my PC though. But I do it anyway B|

I have no AC joint at all though. They actually removed it to keep the bones from grinding and causing spurs.