Mindygirl

Favorite stupid toy

What about etch-a-sketch?

I loved mine!

I never had one but whenever I was at someone else's house who had one I was mesmerized.

Did I say loved? I meant I still have one! Wanna come over?:P

Legos and Erectorsets were the shit!

Hey look! Something shinny!*wanders off......*

:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Jarts! Its a miracle that my brother and I didn't kill each other or a neighbor with those things!

I still have an original set, including the box and rules, that has been passed down from my grandfather to my father to me. I think I've played 2 complete games. The rest of the time we just see how far we can throw 'em.

I voted for Silly Putty, since it's a lot of fun to make shapes with it, and it's like part-clay, part Superball -- another "other" option that is worthy. What does the package say it's made from? "Zectron"? I have mine right here, but it doesn't say on the ball.

I remember they used to make a toy out of that same sticky rubber as the wall-crawlers, but it had a handle that you held, and a "hand" at the end. You flicked out the hand and the stem stretched with it. I could sling it onto a friend's desk an aisle away and yank a notebook off his desk.

A current favorite is the "AIRZOOKA," which you can find at Spencer Gifts. It shoots a "ball of air" from a bucket-shaped conical barrel, using elastic and a plastic cellophane-like membrane. They're a lot of fun for fifteen bucks.

I love my little laser-pointer, too. I can amuse myself for long periods with that thing.

And I always loved the simple spitball shooter. In the olden days, the Bic Biro was a simple pen with a black cap on the end. You took the ink out from the front, removed the cap from the back, sucked a Tic-Tac for a few moments and it fit perfectly into the pen tube. I also flared the end of one pen and stuck the end of another inside, making what I called the "Bic Sniper Rifle." It shot those Tic-Tacs fast and hard!! Of course, use of one in a school today would probably result in a zero-tolerance expulsion with recommendation for criminal charges...
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Well, I forgot to mention one toy I love, but it isn't really "stupid," unless stupid simply means a meaningless toy that can amuse for hours despite relative simplicity:

Big Air Sportz stunt kites. I got a chance to play with one recently and it is AWESOME! It's like flying a little bitty canopy! I have to get one for myself!
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"