LouDiamond

REVIEW: BoneHead REVOLVE Helmet

We suggest that you practice opening and closing the visor to become familiar with its operation prior to jumping.

A bit of practice is very important.

(One guy at our DZ jumped his Revolve the first time and found he couldn't feel the latch through his gloves. No major problem, he just had to fly and land "visor down".)

Feeling the latch button through gloves can be tricky. Practice developing muscle memory to open the visor with either hand:

- Stroke from back to front with your thumb and middle fingers until you feel the top of the visor.

- Your index finger should now be almost directly over the latch (this is where practice and muscle memory come into play).

- Press down on the latch with your index finger, pull forward slightly on the visor to release, then lift the visor back.

About 10 minutes practice in gloves will make it easy to open the visor with either hand.

hey guys. still got 3 week before mine gets here but has anyone had any issues raising the front wearing sunglasses? i wear liquid's and wanting to know if they would catch or something.

I personally haven't had a problem wearing my Liquids and the Revolve at the same time. They may be hard to put on if you already have the helmet on until the foam compresses to the contour of your face and is broken in a little. As far as opening and closing the face shield, no problems.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I have now had the chance to make some jumps with my new Revolve and is is perfect. Quiet, comfortable, easy to use and very stable even in a sit.

Thanks Bonehead!
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Hi all!

Got this helm from the post office Saturday.
Haven't jump in it yet but it fits my head perfectly without any moves or rotates.

Somebody here wanted some pics of colored ReVolve... So, here they are... Enjoy.:)
Knockin' on Heavens' Door..

Hi all!

Got this helm from the post office Saturday.
Haven't jump in it yet but if fits my head perfectly without any moves or rotates.

Somebody here wanted some pics of colored ReVolve... So, here they are... Enjoy.:)

Ahh, mine's yellow too! Looks great. It got a good workout this past weekend with about 2.75 hours in the tunnel doing some aggressive 4-way FS. I feel like I got good protection (took plenty of feet to the head hard, and, even got slammed pretty hard and took some paint off.) The visibility was really good. No problems with the design for FS work!

My hints... Keep the chinstrap tight to perfectly seal the airflow when on your belly. Also, the black "ladder strap" on top makes for perfect debriefing and catching your head switches... It does NOT lie on the video!

I'm still happy with my Revolve.

Question for anyone with a Revolve. I'm looking to upgrade, I have a Gunner and one of my beefs was the audible pocket was only accessable by pulling the foam pad off the velcro every time, to get at the back side audible pocket.

How does the REVOLVE audible pockets work? Can you get at it without removing padding, etc? I pull my Pro-Track out frequently to get look at the jump stats log or change altitude alerts.

I have been looking for an open face for sit flying since my havok tends to scoop a lot of air and rattle a bit. I am happy that I won't have to find extra room for a second brain bucket in my gear tote. Just ordered mine yesterday under the trade in program. Just wondering what the current delivery time is. Also like most everyone else I am waiting for a gopro mount. Any progress with the engineering?

Holding my breath...
"If I can't be my own, I'll feel better dead." Layne Staley

i purchased the contour mount for my helmet, got it in 3 days.
drilled 2 holes and boom this sucker is shootin video!
with the helmet on my head and the camera on the mount, i got into an arch and had a buddy find where to drill the holes. the lasers on the contour that tell you where the camera is aiming make it too easy. havnt needed to adjust it after the initial mount.

(had to shrink the photo a bunch to get down to 300kb)

I have been looking for an open face for sit flying since my havok tends to scoop a lot of air and rattle a bit. I am happy that I won't have to find extra room for a second brain bucket in my gear tote. Just ordered mine yesterday under the trade in program. Just wondering what the current delivery time is. Also like most everyone else I am waiting for a gopro mount. Any progress with the engineering?

Holding my breath...

I called Bonehead a couple days after ordering and, as I thought, they were backlogged and said that it would be 4-6 wks for delivery. You can imagine my surprise when I received an email with tracking number the next day (or two days later(crappy memory))!

FedEx delivered it today! I took it out of the packaging and began to inspect. Flawless! There are so many improvements over the Havok.

The first thing I noticed was the shell size. The Havok is a one shell for all sizes so it seemd rather large on me since I have a medium sized head. The REvolve, from what I am told comes in 4 shell sizes so it is much more low profile that the Havok. Mine came with extra liner inserts for all 3 pads. I tried it on and it felt a little loose on top of mu dome so I added the extra pad and it fit perfectly. My head measures the (22 1/2 inch if I remember correctly) max for the medium but head shape always a factor.

Audible ports are accessed through flaps so no need to pull out liner for insertion/removal. Threw in my soloII and tried it on again. No problems. Can hardly tell it's there.

Ladder strap is different than the old one and seems to have a stronger spring so the shield stays up with somewhat quick head movements. The Havok shield would tend to lower a few clicks when doing this.

As far as the GoPro is concerned, I can't seem to find a place to mount it where it can be used with shield in any position, without making a large snag point on the side of the helmet. The best option I was able to come up with is attaching it where the ladder strap lock is screwed to the face shield. It would be slightly forward of the lock mechanism to leave room for operation of the latch but the camera would not be facing forward with shield up. I'm thinking I will probably go with a Drift and save the GoPro for other uses.

The Havok was an innovation in the world of skydiving helmets and I loved it for what it was. The REvolve is the answer to most, if not all, of the issues that were found with that helmet over the years. Can't wait to jump it!

Great Job Bonehead!
"If I can't be my own, I'll feel better dead." Layne Staley

I jumped mine for the first time Saturday. Straight out the box the fit was perfect. With the face up it's very easy to get on and off just like any half shell. Freefall was great, noise about the same as the mamba. I jumped a few sit fly positions, back and belly. Threw in a few flips and it worked perfect. Under canopy it took 2 seconds to raise and have that nice wind in my face. Visibility is great. I plan on getting the camera mounting plate and putting a drift stealth on there and see how that works out.
All I can say is that I am extremely happy with the helmet. It took about 5 weeks to get in but was worth the Wait. Good job Bonehead. Great helmet.

I took the plunge and ordered a Revolve helmet from BH. I was told to expect it mid-April, but it arrived, much to my delight, today.

I was jumping a Protec, which was fine, but I wanted the flexibility offered by the Revolve (full face or half-face). So, after wearing it around the house for much of the day, here is my very abbreviated review.

First, as you can see by the pictures, I ordered a red helmet. The color is excellent and really stands out. Neighbors who have seen it comment about the overall look and color of the helmet.

Second, the finish is excellent and the overall construction of the helmet appears to be superb. It fits perfectly out of the box and is very, very comfortable.

Third, for those of you who wear glasses, the Revolve accomodates glasses frames easily and comfortably.

Fourth, the visor hinge takes a few attempts to get it to work but once you get the feel for it, it is easy to move up/down.

Fifth, the helmet is lightweight and offers a very good view of your surroundings when on your pumpkin.

Weather permitting, I'll jump the helmet this weekend but I can say this: BH did a great job on this helmet. I'm very impressed so far and cannot wait to get into the air.
The dangers of life are infinite, and among them is safety.

Quick question, I just ordered my revolve today and wanted to know if you can remove the visor if you have the Contour HD Camera Mount installed on it, or if you have to remove the mount first in order to be able to remove the visor? Thanks, ElMono

Quick question, I just ordered my revolve today and wanted to know if you can remove the visor if you have the Contour HD Camera Mount installed on it, or if you have to remove the mount first in order to be able to remove the visor? Thanks, ElMono

Yes, you can remove both the lens and the face shield without removing the camera.
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

It appears other full face helmets are having fogging issues at the moment. Just wondering how the REvolve is doing in this aspect. A lot of extra work and money go into the treatment, so I'm wondering if it's doing the job.
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

Greetings from the lend of cold and vodka.

And thank you for the excellent helmet. I jump with it since April'11 and I just love it.

Well, when I've been jumping my first post-AFF jumps in April, it was something around 40K (4 to 6C) AGL. The visor was a little foggy, but only at sides, so I could see everything pretty well.

Central venting hole really helps. You can see it on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5UFTj8dhuo&feature=player_profilepage#t=79s

At summer time there is no fogging at all.