LouDiamond

REVIEW: BoneHead REVOLVE Helmet

Thanks Scott, great feedback! B|

I also want to point out that this helmet is available in three different shell sizes for those of you with really large heads and is able to accommodate glasses. We've added a mounting surface for ContourHD on the left side as well.

Blue ones,

"Blue ones," :o?!?!

I just wanted to add a few things now that I have jumped the helmet a few times.

It's very comfortable, although it's a bit hot in the sun. I wouldnt change anything about the lining though. It's incredibly comfortable. I have a large shell with the medium liner, and it's extremely well fitting. My head measures around 22 1/8", which says small on their charts, but the medium is perfect, and is borderline too tight. I definitely wouldn't want it any tighter, but thats good in my book.

On my first jump, my head most definitely felt heavier than with the open face pro tec i was using as part of student gear. I noticed this the first jump, but didn't seem to notice it on any other jumps after. The visibility is exceptional. I can my handles perfectly. I love that whoever I'm jumping with can see my mouth clearly. If nothing else they can at least see the shit eating grin on my face when we stick the exit.

The ratchet mechanism works much better once it wears in some. Initially I opened and closed the visor over and over while watching tv for about 30 minutes. It really helped to make it easier to open with one hand. Initially it was a very tight and tough to open without using both hands, but now it's very quick and easy. My glasses fit perfectly under the revolve, and they are unaffected when I open or close the visor.

Thanks again to everyone at bonehead. They really went out of there way to help me out, and gave me a really great product.

I just ordered the REvolve and I am debating on selling my GoPro and buying the VHoldr.

I want to keep the GoPro because they are supposed to come out witht the CLD attachment. (any idea when that will come out?)

But I don't want to stop documenting my jumps because it won't fit my helmet...

I am looking forward to your mounting solution.

At our DZ one of the guys bought a WDTV and they just plug the USB from the gopro/contour right into the WDTV. Then you can browse and play the clips on the TV just like you would on a PC. Works great.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136472&cm_re=wdtv_live-_-22-136-472-_-Product

There a link to the "Live" version, but if you can find the normal version it's about 10 bucks cheaper but does not have the network streaming features.

Seems to work very well for the non LCD type cameras. It should play just about any camera format right off the camera (in theory)

At our DZ one of the guys bought a WDTV and they just plug the USB from the gopro/contour right into the WDTV. Then you can browse and play the clips on the TV just like you would on a PC. Works great.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136472&cm_re=wdtv_live-_-22-136-472-_-Product

There a link to the "Live" version, but if you can find the normal version it's about 10 bucks cheaper but does not have the network streaming features.

Seems to work very well for the non LCD type cameras. It should play just about any camera format right off the camera (in theory)

Yup, I have one of those, I plugged my CX-100 into it and played the videos right off of it.

Need to sell that thing.:)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I just ordered the REvolve and I am debating on selling my GoPro and buying the VHoldr.

I want to keep the GoPro because they are supposed to come out witht the CLD attachment. (any idea when that will come out?)

But I don't want to stop documenting my jumps because it won't fit my helmet...

I am looking forward to your mounting solution.

I just ordered the REVolve. I've used the Contour HD on lots of jumps using 3M Dual Lock. I will really like to see it mounted on the REVolve. Strange... I've not been this "jazzed" over a helmet before... B|

I received my helmet today after anxiously waiting! They told me it would take 6-8 weeks for production and then an additional 2 weeks for shipping. I received it in under 6 weeks thanks to their excellent efficiency. It is absolutely beautiful and such a solid design.

My helmet however fits my head but the moment the visor is closed it crushes my nose. I emailed them about my issue and very soon after I received a response by Linda determined to help me rectify the issue.

After explaining about the fact that my size is small according to the sizing chart and then sending pictures of it on my head, I received an email from Chris. He is replacing my helmet with a larger shell ensuring that it will fit and allowing me to keep the helmet I have in my possession already.

I am completely overwhelmed by their brilliant service and customer support. They are fantastic to deal with and I have never experienced such service like this before. I am so excited to receive my new REvolve which is one of the nicest helmets on the market.

Thank you!

I got my REvolve yesterday and I am going to jump it today! Very Excited.

My impressions so far...
Built Great! When I got it the ratcheting mechanism was jammed into the top part and I couldn't get it down. I took most of it apart (thankfully a very simple process) and got it un jammed. I keep trying to recreate the situation but I haven't been able to. Just to be on the safe side I won't open it too hard to avoid this. I think it was a freak thing but I would hate to not be able to put it down as I am about to exit the plane...

I have a narrow head and so there is some space on either side by the ears/jaws. Because of this it jiggles / shifts a bit on my head.
I contacted bonehead last night and got a response this morning. (I am amazed at how fast I got a response. Didn't expect to hear anything on a saturday.) They have shims to help with the fit and will send them to me next week. What amazing service!

The helmet does look a bit bulky but it looks a million times better than my pro-tec knock off that I have been using. I don't jump with my glasses but if I choose to the visor fits right over them with not problems at all.

It sounds very quiet but I will know for sure when I jump it. Of course anything is more quiet than the Protec knock off I was using... even if I did put tape over the ears...

I like it that you can see my whole face with the visor down. I think it is important to be able to see the jumper's face to get all the visual cues possible when jumping with others.

I will post another review after I jump it today.

I jumped this helmet 5 times now and I love it!

All 5 were sit-fly jumps. I imagine Sit Fly is the most challenging for a full face helmet since all the air comes from below. The REvolve did not dissapoint. I jumped with a heavier guy and I was in a stand a lot of the time going FAST!

I think I will love this helmet even more when I get the wedges to make it more snug on my head.

If only there were a mount for a GoPro...
I will probably sell my GoPro and get the Contour now so I can fly a camera with this helmet.

I have to give a shout out to Bonehead for stand up service. I bought an XS Mamba that, after a few jumps, I just accepted that it was too big for my freakishly small head. I posted it on DZ.com to sell it. Naomi contacted me and offered to send me a REvolve to see if it fit better than my Mamba, and if so, keep the REvolve and send the Mamba back.

The REvolve fits my head nice and snug. The ratchet system is fantastic and I always have an easy time lifting the visor. Its awesome on the ride up to lift the front section up, much better than just lifting the visor on regular full faces, IMO. Peripheral vision is excellent with the visor down.

I love my new helmet and can't say enough about Bonehead customer service. :)

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Any more reports on this new helmet?

Stupid question, but anyone jumped it with the visor up?

How is the wind noise? Getting any air on your face?

Thanks!!
Mikey C.
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

With the full face it's pretty quite (compared to the protec I was wearing) I had to really modify the audible hole for my protrack, the helmet wasn't nearly as comfy after i stuck that thing in there. Once i finally got the hole big enough, it's much better now. It's uncomfortable for a few minutes when I first put the helmet on, but after the foam kinda settles in between my head, the protrack, and the helmet, then I can't even tell it's in till it beeps at 1000 ft.

I planned on jumping it with the visor removed, but I'm not sure if I'll get to it this season. Weather is making the downhill turn finally :(

I got my wedges and finally got out to jump it with a good fit. Thanks to bonehead for great service and getting me the wedges to make my helmet fit perfectly.

I had the same problem with my protrack. It is getting pushed really hard against my ear. I have to cut the hole bigger or something.

The only time I felt air leak under the chin is when I have to go into a stand and catch up to the fast fallers... Then there is just a little air coming in but nothing that bothers me. I used to have problems with my goggles when I went into a stand to catch up and would flip up.

I am much more confident when jumping with this helmet on.

Under canopy I can flip it open and feel the fresh air on my face. I can easily flip it back down if I feel like there is too much air...

I got my wedges and finally got out to jump it with a good fit. Thanks to bonehead for great service and getting me the wedges to make my helmet fit perfectly.

I had the same problem with my protrack. It is getting pushed really hard against my ear. I have to cut the hole bigger or something.

Hey!

Make sure that your audible isn't resting on top of the cotter pin. That should fix the problem. PM me if you need any help. Thanks!
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites