mikkey

Defenders of justice and human rights?

Some of us still believe in something called Habeas Corpus

And you believe that it should be applied to prisoners during a time of war? Wow! I'm going to become a lawyer and instigate the next war. I'll be rich representing all of the prisoners!

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

----------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
------------------------------------------------------------
I do not appreciate your insults and personal attacks. Not discussing with you if you can't behave.

Too late. He quit first.

Think we should all quit this thread...........

And you believe that it should be applied to prisoners during a time of war? Wow! I'm going to become a lawyer and instigate the next war. I'll be rich representing all of the prisoners!

War? I don't recall a declaration as required by the Constitution of the United States of America.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

War? I don't recall a declaration as required by the Constitution of the United States of America.

Jeez, war/no war, declared/not declared, constitutional/unconstitutional... To be or not to be, ....WTF.......:S

The prisoners do not have POW status -they have a "special" status - only created for Gitmo.

IF they were charged they would have less chance of a fair trial then anybody in the US civilian or military justice system.

Have a look what an American Military lawyer from the USMC has to say about the fairness of the system:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3418905.stm

Samples:

"Major Mori said those who had created the tribunals process had a "vested interest" in securing convictions. "

""The military commissions will not provide a full and fair trial," Mori told the news conference "

"But Major Mori warned the tribunals could establish "a dangerous precedent. "The reality is, we wouldn't tolerate these rules if they were applied to US citizens," he said. "

That is what a Major in the USMC says about the system...
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.