piisfish

what is worse ??

just wondering because of all these votation threads, GWB/JFK bis threads etc...
and the 4 next years of my life will certainly be influenced by that vote... Although I do not live in the US, the rest of the world is under influence of the man who will be elected.
USA have friends
USA have enemies
the recent events brought people to think in a very binary manner yes/no, black/white, friend/enemy...
the countries who are declared friends of the USA are now suffering terrorism... Maybe the UK will be the next target...
most happy to live in a neutral country. Does not keep terrorists out, but limits the risks.

This is the enemy of the enemy, he's my friend, till he's the enemy again - Asian Dub Foundation

just remember this sentence, already happened to the US several times...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

of the USA

Why does it matter to you? You live in Switzerland.

In case you haven't noticed. GWB isn't very popular over here. But then again you probably don't care.
Because of GWB it seems like we are going to elect less US friendly politicians over here in in Europe in the future. The future will tell.
Our prime minister and some other politician support for GWB has changed who I'll vote for next election here in Norway.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

STFU ??

the way the elections are presented to us is a sort of propaganda by candidates trying to point out the mistakes of the others :
HE did THAT wrong, vote for ME

can't they just present why they should be elected, and not why the other one should not ??

Besides I had to put other.

I didn't see the option for being a bleeding heart liberal.

They say that if you are not a liberal in your youth - you have no heart - but if you are not a conservative when you are getting on in age - then you have no brain.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Eight months to go until the election, and I'm so fed up with the bullshit spewed by both, that I wouldn't vote for either.

Voters should be presented with a "None of the Above" option in every election. Any time "None of the Above" gets the largest portion of the vote, the election should be nullified, and a new election held with the previous set of candidates disqualified.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

hmm since we do not operatew off of the popular vote in this country that would not work.

Anyways... you may not like bush in Europe and thast cool casue i can not stand france. We all have things we hate. But you got to pick up and deal with it sometimes. Bush is a good president for the times. WE need a president that is bold and willing to make tough choices. We need a president who is not afraid to step on a few tows to secure our country. Will he be reelected? i dont know to early to tell. But what u do know is that if he is not reelected then this country will go back tp the way it was before 911 and we will be open for attack again.

yeah ill vote for bush.
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

where does bush stand?

simple, he demand them put out. Wit hthe no child left behind act what it does is it hold school acountable for their short comings. basicaly the kids have to learn something. It was not designed to take money away from schools, but to reqrd schools that meet the standards and exceed them. Education in this country is very poor and it takes some hard work to get it back to stadard.

the teachers union who is the major advocate against no child left behind is one of the largest liberal activist groups of the country. They are goign to be running issue adds that slam bush for this beacsue when teachers dotn do their jobs right they do not recieve all the beniufits they think they shold get.

yeah ill still vote for bush.

I think if you were over here you would be a whining liberal that was never happy with anything done by the president. Its a good thing you are not here and happily in your own country. Does saying that make me an a**hole? I dont care. Your black and white way of looking at things is not worth even discussing.

Remember presidents are human, and yes I will vote Bush again.
Oz

Remember presidents are human, and yes I will vote Bush again.

yep, only human... so human that humanity does not cross the oceans... To me bush is a mix between 2 of the best sides of christianism : crusades and inquisition.

I think if you were over here you would be a whining liberal that was never happy with anything done by the president. Its a good thing you are not here and happily in your own country. Does saying that make me an a**hole? I dont care. Your black and white way of looking at things is not worth even discussing.

Skirting very close to the edge of a personal attack.

Attack the issue, not the person expressing the opinion.

But he makes a stand. You do not, which according to you, makes you happy to be "neutral".

One thing I do remember your country's so called neutrality really meant theft about 60 years ago......I am glad you feel proud of your heritage.:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

One thing I do remember your country's so called neutrality really meant theft about 60 years ago......I am glad you feel proud of your heritage.

and they are now distributing all the gold to happy skydivers :P:P

OOPS, AM I HIJACKING MY OWN THREAD ??

neutral in the way I'm proud that we sent soldiers in ex Yougoslavia, and they did an incredible job there, despite the fact they needed austrians and germans to protect them. And very glad that no swiss soldiers are implicated in the invasion of Iraq. Evenethough we had some people there a few years ago to destroy stocks of weapons of mass destruction.

you may not like bush in Europe and thast cool casue i can not stand france.

cool, we're the same then, I don't like France either... well not France, but the french (in general... some of them are cool though...)

i didnt say i didnt like the french i said i dont like fracne. Like i dont like the country. And i dont like their politics. I have been in fracne, and i have had a french exchange student, im not racst to them, just dont like the country.