TiaDanger

Release date for Cookie Gas with flip up visor?

Does anybody know when Cookie is gonna start selling the Gas with the flip up visor? I bought a Mamba for the flip up visor, and the extra small is just too damn big[:/] I've LOVED the fit of my cookie open face and want to know if the wait is do-able for the Gas flip up.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Alright, well if anybody cares or is curious, the GAS with flip visor will be available in early October.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Alright, well if anybody cares or is curious, the GAS with flip visor will be available in early October.

Good to know. I have the opposite problem you do - I'm a member of the Freakishly Large Head Club© and haven't found too many full-faces that work for me. I'm happily jumping a FreeZR2 right now, but I've heard from fellow members of the FLHC that the Gas also works for big melons, so it'll be nice to have another option out there with a flip visor.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

And it varies by manufacturer and by helmet style. Bonehead Guner (open face) I wear an XL. Mamba (full face) I need an XXL. FreeZR2 I only take an XL (they do have an XXL). Other XL full faces I can't even start to pull down over my head.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We do have the opposite problem! I ordered an EXTRA SMALL Mamba and the lady at Bonehead gave me MORE padding than normal to put in the helmet and it still doesn't fit! I found that Cookie smalls fit me perfect, so I will stick with them.

You said you have a Mamba...are you totally opposed to a non flip visor? Or do you think you could go either way? I'm not sure if a flip up would be more convenient or not.
D.S. #8.8

You said you have a Mamba...are you totally opposed to a non flip visor? Or do you think you could go either way? I'm not sure if a flip up would be more convenient or not.

HAD a Mamba. It has a flip visor. Although it fits my head comfortably, I wasn't a fan of how the Mamba hits around the mouth - just felt uncomfortable to me. I sold it pretty much as soon as I bought it. Great helmet, just not right for my face shape. FreeZR2 just worked better for me that way.

I like to flip up my visor as soon as I'm under canopy, and having a flip up visor makes the helmet more comfortable to wear on the plane for takeoff (and for the whole ride up if it's chilly).