SkyAnt

The Tuxido Question

I don't wear suits to work anymore because I now have a uniform. In the past I used to wing it at formal dinners buy wearing a black suit and a tuxido shirt and bow tie. Costs 100 bucks to hire a dinner suit (get bent thats more than 3 jump tickets) Or I can buy a really crappy one from a factory outlet for 100.
Or I could but a crappy suit.

Thoughts, feelings?

P.S. My sister is getting married and its black tie for everyone. I am not in the bridal party.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

If you don't foresee having occasion to wear a Tuxedo say, three times in the next two years, then you're better off renting a tux for your sister's wedding. My 2¢. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Buy a nice Tux.

There was a time when I wore one once or twice a month, and I had 2 good ones. Then I kinda deformalised my life somewhat, and they disappeared.

Now, if I get an invite to a formal dinner, the thought of a rented tux just sucks.

If you're going to be the same shape for the next 20 years, just buy one. They don't change, and if they do, it's usually the guys in the new ones that look dumb.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Carefull if you buy.

Unless its something you wear often, you'll only wear it a couple of time before:

either
- You loose/gain weight and it wont fit properly anymore
- Fashions will change and you'll end up looking like a throw back from the 00's when lapels/fabrics/styles change a lot.

If you do buy, dont buy ceap, or you'll end up looking cheap, and the point of a tuxedo is not to look cheap lol....

As an alternative, you could buy a black suit, a nice one maybe with some detail in the fabric, and pair it with a nice tux style shirt.
Remster

As an alternative, you could buy a black suit, a nice one maybe with some detail in the fabric, and pair it with a nice tux style shirt.

Go read the "Gear compatibility" thead in gear and rigging. Your suggestion could get someone killed.;)

t
It's the year of the Pig.